What's new

What's your Favorite .22LR

of all the calibers out there, Americas Sweetheart 22LR is my absolute favorite. I have the big calibers, but the 22 is such a verstile round and can still get a lot done in a pinch, not to mention how easy it is to have a few hundred rounds on you. For Nostalgia, I will go with the 10/22 just because you can do so much with them. But I have a hankering for one of those SW 617 Masterpieces, i will get one some day! I just got the Sig P322 last month, and im having a blast with its 20rd mags. My first suppressor is still in jail and I have a feeling its going to be a game changer! My new P322 below! Photo was before I got the oil off from the factory!

322.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I always wanted a SW .22 wheel gun myself, or a dedicated .22 AR, since the conversions work, but the barrel twist for the 55g or heavier bullets don’t work as well for the .22lr, so I have been told.

I always wanted a SW .22 wheel gun myself, or a dedicated .22 AR, since the conversions work, but the barrel twist for the 55g or heavier bullets don’t work as well for the .22lr, so I have been told.
I have the MP 15-22 for my daughter and we love it, but we just shoot off the bench within 25 yeards. Havnt really put it to work yet. But I just ordered some steel targets to start reaching out more. VERY accurate at 25 though, as it should be!

I have many. It's hard to pick just one. In handguns, I guess it would be a Ruger MK II 10". For semi auto rifles, probably a Remington 550-1. Lever guns would be a Marlin 39a. Sporter weight bolt rifle would be a CZ 452 of some variety. Heavy target rifle for bench shooting would be Remington 40x.

I have many. It's hard to pick just one. In handguns, I guess it would be a Ruger MK II 10". For semi auto rifles, probably a Remington 550-1. Lever guns would be a Marlin 39a. Sporter weight bolt rifle would be a CZ 452 of some variety. Heavy target rifle for bench shooting would be Remington 40x.
Good point, so many different tools for the job. I love my MKIV target for paper, I have some CZ 455's and an added on 17HMR barrel. Love those CZ's!

If I had to pick one it would be my GSG (German Sport Gun) .22lr. It’s a full weight .45 1911. It’s just so fun for target and plinking.
Those GSG guns are great, They have a lot of clones if I remember. Like the MP5 and I think they even had an AK at one point.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hard to pick a favorite as I have several to include; a custom Ruger 10/22 with KIDD barrel and trigger, Ruger Mk II and MkIII pistols, Ruger Super Single Six, S&W model 17, and a Marlin 39A, plus .22LR and .22 Mag. barrels for my TC Contender pistol. The only thing I don't have covered is a bolt action and a rim fire AR. I have a suppressor that I use on the 10/22 and MkIII. If I could only have one suppressor, it would be a .22 can. You will love yours when it gets free!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
hey those are some nice pieces! I was eying the PPK. How old is that one? I heard the newer ones had some finish issues, but that could have been from poor maintenance.
European Walthers carry a date code; in this case 'BK'. The code starts with A == 0 and skips either J or I so it is a 2019 model.

There aren't too many .22s that I don't like. My brother has a CZ rifle that is a tack driver. A Ruger 10/22 is a great gun for plinking or even for fast, fun shooting. Lately I've enjoyed plinking with a Taurus TX-22 pistol.

And my dad has an old Mossberg 151 M that still shoots like a champ. This isn't his rifle. I just grabbed it from the internet.
1708352583680.png

For a rifle, the Marlin 39a my father bought for me back in 1952, Handgun a S&W K 22 I bought as a young 2nd Lt in the USAF. My father had one of those, and it was the pistol I learned to shoot with. Still have both. I have a couple of smaller hander Marlin Mounties, and a couple of bolt action .22's that are more accurate, but not as much fun, and a S&W M 41 semi auto target pistol with two barrels, probably a little more accurate. but I still like my old revolver. I recently found a used S&W M 18, which is basically a K 22 with a shorter 4" barrel and a ramped front sight, like one of the old Combat Masterpiece 38 revolvers.

There aren't too many .22s that I don't like. My brother has a CZ rifle that is a tack driver. A Ruger 10/22 is a great gun for plinking or even for fast, fun shooting. Lately I've enjoyed plinking with a Taurus TX-22 pistol.

And my dad has an old Mossberg 151 M that still shoots like a champ. This isn't his rifle. I just grabbed it from the internet.
View attachment 1798701
haha I feel the same, there are not many 22's I dont like!

Top Bottom