What's new

March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the cleanse as I type so I'll be quick. Getting scoped Monday AM. I don't like hospitals but know this is necessary. At least I don't have to put my feet up in stirrups!

Done! One polyp, 2mm, doctor is not concerned but we'll await pathology results in a week. The only thing that hurt was the IV needle going in and that wasn't even bad. I can eat now!

Last edited:
Had mine done a couple of summers ago when they thought I had leukemia, but none of the tests were coming back the way they should. They did a CAT scan and discovered an "abnormality" in my lower descending colon. When they did the colonoscopy, they found a bleeding polyp which was causing my body to mimic leukemia. The doc removed it. Benign. At my age, he told me to have another one done in 10 years. If you haven't had one, get one. It's quick, painless (really), no side effects, and gives you a good excuse to eat like a horse afterwards. :001_smile

Very late in on this thread....mostly due to only registering for B&B two days ago but still wanted to post since this topic is also near to me. Congratulations to all of the guys who scheduled scopes. Along the same tone as brianw I will be glad to celebrate my first birthday July '13. Something just didn't seem right in February '12 and went to my primary doctor to get his thoughts. He decided it warranted a scope and to meet with a GI doctor. My first scope was June' 12 then I had surgery July '12 to remove the last section of my colon due to a cancerous tumor. Surgey went very well and had 6 weeks of radiation as a precautionary measure in the fall. All of the blood test/scans have come back clean so far but July '17 is my 5 year post op if no remissions "cured" date.
I wanted to encourage anyone, if there are any left, who hasn't thought about it yet to consider the scope. And for the younger guys don't dismiss colon cancer as only something "old guys" get. If something doesn't feel right talk to your doctor as I am only 27 years old right now.

Late as usual but I did want to confirm I go for a consultation later this month. To be honest, it is a bit disconcerting but any and everyone I know who has had it done says to just do it. So with that in mind; I am scheduled!

Cheers, Todd

Just completed - whew!
Really not terrible, but not great fun either-I am having some trouble so I needed to get checked out.
The gas afterwards is the worst part for me, second worst part was waiting three hours till procedure, third worst part was cleanse.
No polyps, but I do have Ulcerative Colitis, and biopsy was done. Moving forward with treatment now.

I recommend having this done if you are having any issues, better to get checked out before it gets too extreme.

Last edited:
This thread inspire me last year to book my first full medical and eye exam in years....and I mean years.

As a typical guy, I always just though "I feel ok, so everything must be ok". Got my wife to book my eye exam and medical and got them both done late 2013.

Pretty healthy for the most part and all blood work and EKG checks came back good. I will make sure to follow up yearly with both of them, from now on.

Since I turned 40 last year, I am not due for a Colontostopy Exam for a few years, but did have the finger check, that was different....:blink:

See your Doctor regularly, don't be afraid to talk about this stuff and stay healthy.

My sister had one a few months ago and they found some polyps (not cancer), so she told me to schedule a colonoscopy due to now having a family history.

At the time I was 46 (47 now) and had to go through a mini-run around with the insurance company to get it covered since most don't cover the procedure until you're 50.

My test came back clean and I'm now to follow up every 5 years. Yes, it's probably one of the most important tests you can get.
Of course the stuff I had to drink and the 10 year old Big Mac meal that came out wasn't so much fun :devil2:

Gents , we here at B&B will again celebrate Colon cancer awareness month..... keep your eyes open for the announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom