What's new

Literally just did my first shave - Thoughts

Pax,
As the others said, throw BBS out the window for now. It doesn't matter. Concentrate on developing effortless technique and perfect one angle at a time. If something unconventional works for you, then go with it. You're building muscle memory now. As your hand just instinctively learns how to hold the blade angle, it'll free up other parts of the brain to work out different angles so that you can go agt or xtg in the more difficult to shave areas.

I had my first true BBS shave a few days ago after nearly 7 weeks of straight shaving every day. I wasn't trying for it though, it just happened. I was nearly as surprised as I was pleased.

Oak: thanks for the encouragement. I'm not fighting for bbs. I just recognize it as my end goal. I know it'll possibly be years before I can get bbs consistently. Mostly I'm Just working on getting better, and not going to wok with my face looking like a battlefield.

Being a noob myself, I've noticed my mental state really affects it. My first shave, I was a little nervous and it really hindered my shave. The next time I tried, I went at it like I was using my DE razor, just shave and don't' think about the fact its a straight razor....just shave. Not sure if that makes sense, but just my 0.02

Top Bottom