What's new

I need a knife

Well there are many out there, I use different EDCs, the Spyderco Endura is great also the delica the tenacious in a more economic price. The RAT1 Ontario knives a bit on the heavy side but with a nice sharp blade AUS8 for just under $30. SOG makes the sogzilla I like the larger version better also the medium fielder is pretty decent both under $30. Kershaw Volt, Kershaw Oso sweet, Kershaw crown, Kershaw skyline. I mean it all depends on your style and what you use it for. I mean because if you want a good fixed blade around 4" SOG field pup is good Cabela's has them discounted for $15 also they have the small light weight Kershaw hawk with g10 scales and brass washers manual stud flicker for $12. Many people carry the small Mora knives around their neck and use them as their EDC.

How're you liking the Delica? It's practically a perfect EDC, IMO, which is why I recommended it. Large enough to be proficient at 99% of daily cutting tasks and small enough to not freak everyone out if you happen to be in a knife unfriendly environment.

The next logical step up is the Endura 4. For under $100, it's the best folder I can think of.

$150? Gayle Bradley :thumbsup:

Signed,

A Spyderco enabler

How're you liking the Delica? It's practically a perfect EDC, IMO, which is why I recommended it. Large enough to be proficient at 99% of daily cutting tasks and small enough to not freak everyone out if you happen to be in a knife unfriendly environment.

The next logical step up is the Endura 4. For under $100, it's the best folder I can think of.

$150? Gayle Bradley :thumbsup:

Signed,

A Spyderco enabler

Really liking my first Spyderco! I can't stop thinking about the Endura with brown scales. If I get one I will force patina onto the blade.

The Gayle Bradley is an awesome knife but way out of my price range.

Thanks for the recommendations. :thumbup1:

I have the Endura 4 with brown scales :thumbsup:

VG-10 is very corrosion resistant, so you'd be hard-pressed to force any kind of lasting patina on it since it doesn't have much carbon. Just appreciate the steel for what it is: corrosion/stain resistant, long-lasting edge retention and very easy to achieve a hair-whittling edge with the right tools and experience. After having owned and used a variety of much more expensive "super steels", VG-10 continues to be one of my very favorites for all-around, practical use. There's a reason why high-end kitchen knife makers consider it their steel of choice.

The Endura 4 in FFG VG-10 is a knife among knives. I own and use the Para 2 sprint run in Earth Brown scales and S35VN steel at twice the price. You know what? I'd choose the Endura over it every single time. I know the Para 2 has earned a fan-boyish reputation, and for good reason; it's an an awesome EDC choice. The lowly Endura 4 still wins by a landslide, though, IMO.

All of the above are good recommendations.

Kind of hard to find for $50, but these will open with one finger.
proxy.php

If you want to step outside the box a bit, the French have some very nice pocket knives.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Kershaw leek.
Easy to open/close with either hand....slim so it disappears in the pocket for edc....blade takes a good edge.

Top Bottom