What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Thanks guys ! I kinda knew you would have info...outstanding as always. I'll try it out today. My first venture back into injector life was a blue handle Personna floating head. I also have a Pal Injectomatic to try.

RP

Thanks guys ! I kinda knew you would have info...outstanding as always. I'll try it out today. My first venture back into injector life was a blue handle Personna floating head. I also have a Pal Injectomatic to try.

RP
I too have the "scarce" Eversharp Eagle L-1
proxy.php

They were introduced as a high end version of the L-1 to coincide with the release of the Eversharp blades.
Mine shaves more aggressively than the standard L-1 too, and is a lovely thing.

And the Injectomatic is a truly great razor as well :)

Does anyone from Washington state know of any stores locally that carry Schick Injector blades?
I would rather buy local than online ordering.

I found some while visiting upstate New York at Kinney Drugs.
I bought all they had.

Does anyone from Washington state know of any stores locally that carry Schick Injector blades?
I would rather buy local than online ordering.

I found some while visiting upstate New York at Kinney Drugs.
I bought all they had.

Independent (as in locally owned non-chain) drug stores are your best bet.

I have several, but my favorite by far is a PAL adjustable. Every time I use it I feel like Audrey Hepburn is waiting for me in the next room in a black cocktail dress. It is everything good about mid-century modern design.
Usonian, modern, exceptional, sleek, and crazy effective.

The great thing about injectors- there is no mystique and no fogey-ness. But that probably also accounts for why there isn't much hype about them.

I have several, but my favorite by far is a PAL adjustable. Every time I use it I feel like Audrey Hepburn is waiting for me in the next room in a black cocktail dress. It is everything good about mid-century modern design.
Usonian, modern, exceptional, sleek, and crazy effective
Well said, JPhilip!

Welcome to B&B! You will find quite a few of us fellow SchickHeads here!

Usonian, modern, exceptional, sleek, and crazy effective.
Damn you, JPhilip, I thought I had gotten over my RAD, but now I have to go and find one of these... :lol:

Yep it's a G. Combined with a Persona blade it shaves like a dream. Very sharp, smooth and efficient. I've got a real soft spot for it.

Yeah, I love my G's, but this morning I pulled out my Pal (non-adjustable), and it shaved like a dream. The Pal is a great, under-appreciated little shaver.

Well said, JPhilip!

Welcome to B&B! You will find quite a few of us fellow SchickHeads here!

Thanks! I love the term Schickhead, it fits. :)
I wish the current retro trend of DE razors would start to include newly produced injectors- that would be awesome.

Thanks! I love the term Schickhead, it fits. :)
I wish the current retro trend of DE razors would start to include newly produced injectors- that would be awesome.
I really like the look and quality of the vintage Schicks. I have 3: a Type I2 (about 60 years old); a Type G1 (about 70 years old) a Type E2 (about 80 years old). And they are all beauties and very smooth shavers. :thumbup1:

I'm not sure I'd be interested in a "new" injector...it would probably be made in China and would last about one year. Since I am "vintage" I prefer my razors to be vintage, also. :001_smile

Top Bottom