What did I buy this time?

Hello everyone

So what the heck did I win this time?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any help would be great..
God hunting
Bill sohne

Wow, nice! I don't know anything about it, but there is a Vintage Simpsons thread you need to post this in.

(Let's see if this will work for me). From the photo's I can clearly see that this is a counterfiet Simpson brush. Other than the customs issues that could lead to fines and imprisonment these brushes pose a serious health hazard because of the unsafe products used in their fabrication - hair from diseased badgers some of which were carriers of bubonic plague and radioactively contaminated plastic. The former owner may have become aware of these issues before he put the brush to use. That would explain its pristine condition. If you will send it to me I will assure that it's safely disposed of at a nearby facility that reprocesses nuclear waste and munitions grade fissionable material. Postage may be higher than normal due to the fact that you will need to sheild the brush with approximately four inches of lead. In addition the Post Office will assess a hazardous material fee of $25. Be sure to let me know if you need help with the mailing expense.
Aw! What the hell! Enjoy it you lucky dog.

Looks to be in good condition and pretty old. I thought 60s or 70s, but I found a similar octagonal handle on another website, and i am wondering if this did not originally have a dark lacquer boarder around the top and bottom that has since been removed. There seems to be some residual lacquer visible in the grooves.

(Let's see if this will work for me). From the photo's I can clearly see that this is a counterfiet Simpson brush. Other than the customs issues that could lead to fines and imprisonment these brushes pose a serious health hazard because of the unsafe products used in their fabrication - hair from diseased badgers some of which were carriers of bubonic plague and radioactively contaminated plastic. The former owner may have become aware of these issues before he put the brush to use. That would explain its pristine condition. If you will send it to me I will assure that it's safely disposed of at a nearby facility that reprocesses nuclear waste and munitions grade fissionable material. Postage may be higher than normal due to the fact that you will need to sheild the brush with approximately four inches of lead. In addition the Post Office will assess a hazardous material fee of $25. Be sure to let me know if you need help with the mailing expense.
Aw! What the hell! Enjoy it you lucky dog.

For a few moments I thought you were serious, and I was thinking what the hell, it looked so good, it's such a pity :) Nice score! It's fabulous!

Incredible find!

I think those handles (30s or 40s?) are some of the nicest handles that Simpsons has produced.

Hi everyone...

was not able to upload the rest of the pics last night/.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

Very nice score. I would say that is the date on the back of the box. February of 61? Maybe? Very sweet brush no matter the date.

I've been puzzling over the numbers too. Likely suspects because the second digit on the right is unclear and may be a "/" or a "4":
Brush no. 0642 in a limited edition series of brushes commemorating English Cathedrals or architectural monuments. The handle does have a hint of Gothic about it.
A date of June 1942
A stock or inventory number for the retailer or warehouse
A number assigned to a craftsman to keep his work accountable
A price of 61 pounds two shillings which would make it a whopping expensive brush around $300 at least and that's back when a dollar was $12.00
Anyway the artwork and presentation is compatible with mid-20th Century.

Anyway you shave it, it's a beautiful artifact. My heartiest congratulations to you.

Top Bottom