What's new

Cella

Cella was recommended to me as a milder smelling soap, good lather, tallow based. Pretty much what I think I might like. I have not been able to find SOAP in less than a gargantuan package. Plenty of cream. Am I missing something or is this the only way it's offered?

Are you talking about the 1 KG brick vs. the 150 gram tub? Cella only comes in 1 variety, it is a soap. But you could argue and call it a soft soap or a croap. But point is, there isn't a Cella "cream".

looks like this

proxy.php

Ah! I can see the source of the confusion: "Crema Da Barba," clearly blazoned on the tub. Most sources carry both the tub and a 1kg block. I sat in the fat boy's lap at the mall and requested a tub for Christmas. Hope the toe of my stocking hung, oh, so carefully from the mantle, will bulge with a large, round lump on Christmas Morn. If I like it, my birthday's in February and the block will then be on my list. Of course I don't have a birthday stocking but I suppose they could stick a candle in it. My understanding is that it's a tallow based cream with a soap-like consistency - or maybe a soap with a creamy texture. Whatever. If I like it half as much as its many fans do then I'll be a fan too.

My goodness! I scored a bowl of Cella last week when we went to Albuquerque. Oh my goodness! The aroma is wonderful! Now I have to figure a way to get rid of a few other soaps and use up a bit of AoS cream so all I ever need again is Cella and Tabac!

The one detraction is that the bowl is awfully small to try and fit my brush into while the Cella is in there, too! Tends to make the lather go all over.

But OH MY GOODNESS! CELLA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE?!?

My goodness! I scored a bowl of Cella last week when we went to Albuquerque. Oh my goodness! The aroma is wonderful! Now I have to figure a way to get rid of a few other soaps and use up a bit of AoS cream so all I ever need again is Cella and Tabac!

The one detraction is that the bowl is awfully small to try and fit my brush into while the Cella is in there, too! Tends to make the lather go all over.

The lather will be better if you move it to a larger tub.

Cella is an OUTSTANDING soap! It is the quintesential Italian soap and performs like magic! The lather is thick and creamy and very protective. It is a tallow based soap and is extremely easy to lather. I have Cella in my normal rotation. In fact I now call it Cella Saturdays. I celebrate Saturdays by shaving with it. Just another reason to look forward to the weekend!

This is an absolutely amazing soap. It is easy to get great lather from and left my face feeling wonderful. Alas, I'm not a fan of the scent. To me, the "artificial" almond scent reminded me of maraschino cherries and was just too sweet. This is one that I leave sitting out in the open for a while to let the scent die down.

I recommend the 125g chunk that is cut from the 1 kg brick. I have tried both soaps and feel that the brick, which is called Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima, is superior to the red tub by a hair. Not all vendors provide this, so I have included a link.

http://www.italianbarber.com/cella-125g-shave-cream

+1

Marco, the resident expert on Cella, has also said the the product from the brick is a bit better than the one in the tub. They are slightly different formulations.

I am also going to add that if you enjoy Cella you should try RazoRock. Cella performance with some new and very nice scents.

I shave with both, Cella and RazoRock

+1

Marco, the resident expert on Cella, has also said the the product from the brick is a bit better than the one in the tub. They are slightly different formulations.

I was watching to see if Marco will weigh in. Cella is a great soap and readily available online in the 150g tub. You just gotta try it!

Clovis Man-

Inquiring minds (me) wanna know, where did you go in Albuquerque to find Cella? I have been just about everywhere that I can think of and haven't found much.

Top Bottom