What's new

2013 - Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Gentlemanly Insanity

Still in.

I realized last night that I will run out of Barbasol Pacific Rush some time this year.

:(

Could be worse... You could have been so giddy to order up some Captains Choice Cat O' Nine Tails before it hit midnight on New Years that you totally forgot to add a bottle of the Original Bay Rum too so you won't run out 1/3 yr in! Damn!

If any of youz guyz has some and doesn't like it, I may be bugging you around March/April or so...

Could be worse... You could have been so giddy to order up some Captains Choice Cat O' Nine Tails before it hit midnight on New Years that you totally forgot to add a bottle of the Original Bay Rum too so you won't run out 1/3 yr in! Damn!

If any of youz guyz has some and doesn't like it, I may be bugging you around March/April or so...

Speaking of cat o nine tails, I bought a sample when I got my bottle of original. I only used it once but didn't really notice any more sting. The smell seems sweeter than the original. Maybe more clove, even though there isn't any. Weird eh?

He is, that wasn't a multi-quote... that was a whole bunch of quote replies, one after another. Alex still wins.

just busting your chops. i have been know to do it too.

I can't wait for the 1st month to be over! then we'll be getting into the longest stretch i have gone without buying something, since i started wet shaving

Beware of the BST! :eek2: A Morris and Forndran listed there almost sunk me more than once.

trust me, i was just tempted on a B&W M&F Polo elsewhere :001_tt1:

WARNING WARNING....do NOT go looking for it, I repeat, do NOT go looking for it.

Ok. I have 3 more things on the way - 2012 RazoRock Jaws 3 Piece Open Comb, Proraso Blue, and a tube of Gillette Cream.

Other than that, here it what I have for the year:

Hardware:
Brushes: 6 usable, 4 to restore
Razors: 7 DEs, 7 SEs
$D3D03741-2C3E-49E1-B77A-BCCE14FB4238-4293-0000086C12009AE7.jpg

Blade Drawer:
(over 200 blades for DE and about 100 for SE)
$25F9CE4E-AF46-4088-94D4-81A41AFE477A-4293-0000086C222E3BD5.jpg

Soaps:
$002_zps2d876f7a.jpg

Creams:
$005-1_zps0af0e20c.jpg

Post Shave:
$006_zps30a4aa10.jpg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Continued...

After Shave:
$008_zpsa1e69ec2.jpg

Fragrances:
(Mostly from PIFs. Fragrances are a new thing for me)
$009_zps78a67c93.jpg

Soo.... I hope this will hold me over for the year.

Can youse say sabbatical 2013, 2014, 2015........

I may be saying the same thing after my last few items trickle in and i finally see how much i have.

I'm actually a little worried to lay it all out and take inventory pics.

Pretty sure I won't even have to touch any new products and can probably get by most of the year, just using up already in rotation items.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm still in but was laid low by the flu since last week so I couldn't check in until this morning when I was able to rise from the dead and take some nourishment!

Wow, I had to catch up with almost 8 pages of reading to find some of you have a 4 way going on :blush:

Now time to go & take the sharpest blade I own (Feather) to hack away at this beard :shaving:

Gene

Top Bottom