What's new

Kentuckiana Meetup!

There was some talk on a thread that got rezzed a month back or so about those of us in the Louisville and Kentuckiana areas having a get-together. Well, I'm taking the initiative to set this up. If you are in the area (or would be in the area for such an event) let me know in this thread so that I can get a fairly close head count. Also, let me know what days of the week are best for you and I will figure out what day will work with the most peoples' schedules. I figure I will get us a private room at a restaurant around town so we can sit and relax and bull ishh about shaving and the rest of the world's problems. Those of us that aren't tea totallers (which I am, in fact) may enjoy an oat soda or the like.

Let me get some feedback!

D'oh! Newbie forum mistake. I didn't categorize this properly. I didn't know there was a subheading for meetups. If a mod catches this could you please kindly shove me in the right area. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I would love to attend but my schedule is such that it would take Divine intervention to make it happen.

I am IN! I am good pretty much any evening except Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but for the right reason (such as a B&B get together) I could miss with a week's notice.

This sounds like fun. I am not going to tell my wife about this, as she thinks I am nuts to begin with.:thumbup1:

strop

Now half as wise
If it's in Louisville, it'll need to be a weekend. I'm about 2 hours away. Several of us did one a year or so ago, that was a lot of fun.

This is GREAT! I'm loving the feedback, keep it coming! My thought is that if it is something casual and low-key we can do this often, like a once a month meeting. I'm excited!

Okay, here is what I was thinking. Sun. Dec. 2nd at either the Brick House on S. Hurstbourne Pkwy in Louisville, or the Hooters on the river in Jeffersonville. Both have decent food and nice scenery. Thoughts, ideas, concerns?

I think Hooters may be a little distracting, but that is not negative.:thumbup: I can make Sunday work, and will meet where ever is chosen.

I'd love to come but my Fiance (the reason I venture from Owensboro over to Kentuckiana on the weekends) would think me very strange for using part of my weekend with her to go talk to a bunch of other guys about shaving. Could try convincing her to come but wetshaving, sadly, doesn't interest her in the slightest.

Actually on second thought, I might try and make that December 2nd. Maybe I can convince her to come along, if you all don't mind if my SWMBO comes.

Not at all! The more the merrier! I will try and bring my better half as well. I have asked her about DE shaving but she doesn't believe that there were DE razors made for women. haha. I had to show her a pic of a '67 lady gilette to prove it. Interest is heating up! I like it, I like it!!

Okay, so it is decided. In two weeks, Sunday Dec. 2nd at the Hooters in Jeffersonville, IN at 6:30 pm. Let me know if you are coming and I will let my friend that works there know to have a table ready for us. If anyone needs an address or directions, PM me.

Dang, this is my first time seeing this thread and am disappointed that I will not be able to make it. I leave that morning for a business trip. Wish I could meet some of you fellas. Have fun!

Hey, Ton! You messaged me on Facebook about this, and I'm glad you did. I think I can make it that night, so I'll plan on showing up!

This is also my first post in a LONG time. Good to be back.

strop

Now half as wise
Sorry I won't be able to make it. I'll be away that weekend. Hopefully next time. Have fun!

Okay, so far there are 4 confirmed. Keep 'em coming. But even if it remains at 3, I'm still showing up!

Last edited:
I think my brother-in-law is coming, so you might want to make that five. But he wanted to know if this is a show-and-tell kind of thing we're doing. Do we bring a couple of pieces we really like, or is it just wings and such?

Top Bottom