What's new

Hong Kong Tailors

I noticed an ad for a Hong Kong tailoring service coming to my city. They take measurements and photos and send you custom suits and shirts directly from Hong Kong a couple of months later.
Anyone have any experience with this kind of service? Where you happy with the results? Are they good value?

When I was in HK (2006), I had a couple of suits made by a tailor for like $80 a piece, and they were great. I went in and they had a bunch of catalogs, I pointed out some features I wanted (pockets, button, lapels) and picked out a fabric. They measured me and 2 days later I had my suits, they fit perfectly and were very good quality. They had about a zillion tailor shops like that one... The one I picked was completely at random in a little corner of a shopping center. If it isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg, give it a try. If you are ever in HK, don't miss out on that!

I would join Ask Andy About Clothes and the Style Forum. I would get the name of the Hong Kong tailor, and post on both forums asking for members knowledge/opinions about this tailor. Could be good, could be bad.

Top Bottom