What's new

First straight shave & thanks Wid for the ugly razor

Just finished it a couple minutes ago... first impressions...

1. You guys are highly dexterous
2. You guys are highly coordinated
3. You guys are flippin insane... ok, not really (yes, really). :001_tt2:

On the plus side, managed 2 passes without nicks, weepers, and I'm not even feeling any substantial warming. The Ogallala AS splash didn't even sting. Got a decent SAS, a little patchy, of course, but pretty expected. Time will tell on the left handed thing, but so far, not managing it. Right handed only. Tried a few strokes lefty, and my eye didn't want the surgery so I stopped. No where near enough glide feel, next time instead of Tabac, I'm thinking of trying 10w-30, straight up out of the bottle. Saturday will be strop and shave number 2 with the straight... I think... lol

Interesting test of patience and angle math, though for sure. :blink:

Sounds like a good start. Don't do like I did at first and drink a couple of cups of coffee before shaving. Not a pretty site. No nicks and weepers. That's amazing.

Sounds like a good start. Don't do like I did at first and drink a couple of cups of coffee before shaving. Not a pretty site. No nicks and weepers. That's amazing.

Uh, I was sucking down coffee between strokes. I always shave that way. lol I'm immune to caffeine though.

I am really wanting to take this plunge into straight razor shaving but have to wait a little longer. Jut so i can get the funds to afford my str8 blade

I am really wanting to take this plunge into straight razor shaving but have to wait a little longer. Jut so i can get the funds to afford my str8 blade

Make sure you join any of the straight razor PIF's. That's the only reason I got to try one out as early as I have. lol

Top Bottom