What's new

Starting to shave at night

Seems like there is never enough time in the morning, or I just need to improve on my technique. I started shaving with a DE about 2 months and I found myself waking up earlier and earlier to get a damn fine shave. Recently starting shaving at night, it feels good to sleep more. Here is a photo my collection to date. Thank you everyone on B&B for the reviews and suggestions for shaving cream, the 1805 is my favorite so far. Also up there is TOBS sandalwood and DR Harris Arlington.

Attachments

• $2012-10-15 19.53.21.jpg
    $2012-10-15 19.53.21.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 479
Shaving at night is what I do as well. Gives more time and I have way less cuts at night since I am already wide awake and not in a rush! The added time is nice for working on techniques and finding your own style.

I enjoy night shaving because I can take my time and enjoy it. If I shaved in the morning I would be thinking about the upcoming work day.

This is my usual up and at em time. That's why I shave at night. Also I feel disgusting at the end of my workday. Showering always seems more logical after dinner.

I shave my face in the morning, and my head at night. I leave for work at 3:30 am, and shaving the dome at night saves precious morning time. It's also part of the ritual: wash the face, shave the head, maybe some nice AS on the scalp, and moisturize. So I get what you're saying about shaving at night.

Another vampire shaver here. Put on the satellite radio and spend about 25 to 30 minutes taking my time on a three pass shave. It's the closest I come to meditating. If I did it in the morning, it would just feel like getting ready for work rather than the indulgence it is at night.

I like that phrase "Vampire Shaver". Nice title oakeshott. With your permission I would like to add that to my signature. Maybe the mods will give it a look for your CT.... I too started off with the evening shave when I started traditional wet shaving just so I was not rushed with a deadly weapon. I am also a head shaver and it was taking me around 45 min to complete the task. I have shaved time off my ritual (pun intended) but I still prefer the night shave. I shower after shaving and go to bed clean and smooth. I can't think of too many better ways to end the day.

I shave at night most of the time as well. I find that a ~15-20 minutes will give me a BBS shave. If I shave between 9-10PM, it'll last through the day.

Now that we're into the colder weather, I do need to switch from my cool/refreshing Arko/Proraso creams to something that will put me to sleep.

I like that phrase "Vampire Shaver". Nice title oakeshott. With your permission I would like to add that to my signature. Maybe the mods will give it a look for your CT.... I too started off with the evening shave when I started traditional wet shaving just so I was not rushed with a deadly weapon. I am also a head shaver and it was taking me around 45 min to complete the task. I have shaved time off my ritual (pun intended) but I still prefer the night shave. I shower after shaving and go to bed clean and smooth. I can't think of too many better ways to end the day.

Permission granted. May it bring you joy.

Btw, there's one benefit to the nightly shave that we as gentlemen seem to never discuss and it's right and appropriate that we not discuss it; we can, however, allude to it. The fact is, we Vampire Shavers go to bed freshly shaved and smooth cheeked and often scented with our most persuasive aftershaves. (cue up Marvin Gaye). Sometimes, the night is good to us.

Permission granted. May it bring you joy.

Btw, there's one benefit to the nightly shave that we as gentlemen seem to never discuss and it's right and appropriate that we not discuss it; we can, however, allude to it. The fact is, we Vampire Shavers go to bed freshly shaved and smooth cheeked and often scented with our most persuasive aftershaves. (cue up Marvin Gaye). Sometimes, the night is good to us.

Thank you for permission good Sir. It will bring me joy. Also I believe I did "allude" to you know, when I said I can't think of "too many better ways" ;)

Maybe we should start a Vampire shave club or cult of the vampires, etc? Oakeshott, you came up with it, so if you start it I will join, if allowed.:thumbup:

I may have to give this a try. My mornings are rushed and I get up at 5:30. I don't like getting up earlier so maybe shaving at night would be better.

I may have to give this a try. My mornings are rushed and I get up at 5:30. I don't like getting up earlier so maybe shaving at night would be better.

Welcome to the "Dark" side Jeff. I think you will enjoy your shave even more without a time limit.

I always shave at night except for the weekends. For all the reasons already mentioned above. It's nice that the shave with my DE can last throughout the next day easily. With cartridges or electric shavers I always started looking scruffy by the early afternoon the next day.

Top Bottom