What's new

Shaving things in Barcelona?

I'm headed to Barcelona for a week, and have 1 day to myself.

Long shot... I'm thinking of hitting the shaving trail - anyone know where to go in Barcelona to pick up a few bargains, antiques or shaving gear?

You may know this already, but be sure to learn a few basic phrases in Catalan, the local language, as the locals may not acknowledge Spanish.

I have no shaving locations to recommend, sorry.

Have a great time and report back if you find / buy any shave goodies!

Anytime I've been to Barcelona the locals have spoken Spanish.
Supermarkets will normally carry the La Toja range and sometimes Lea.
Other stuff to look out for would be Aqua Velva, Floid and Vie Long brushes.
On the Ramblas and a few side streets you'll see 'Perfumeria' shops. they quite often have 4711, tabac and various others.
El Corte Ingles on Placa de Catalunya and Portal de l'Angel will most of what you are looking for at a reasonable price.
I don't have antique shops for you sorry.
Just please watch your wallet as the pickpockets in Barcelona are really bloody good.
PM me if you need any help.

Enjoy your trip! Plenty of great stuff in the Perfumerias and small markets around Gracia where we stayed. I found the cutlery shop at Placa del Pi down near Las Ramblas, but found items to be more expensive. That shop had Myrsol products, though. You might look at Juan's site, giftsandcare.com, as you would be delivered items the next day. Can't wait to get back!
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/240631-PIF-to-celebrate-Barcelona!?highlight=

Last edited:
Shamlessly ripped this from a barcelona tourtist guide website.

There is a large boulevard that sells antiques on the Passeig de Gràcia , 55 in the Eixample area. Metro stop Passeig de Gràcia

There are a lot of small antique shops on Carrer de la Palla near the Cathedral and Museu del Calcat near Plaça Nova. The nearest metro stop to these streets is Liceu on the green line.

The other main street for antique shops is Carrer Consell de Cent in the Eixample area.

On Saturday mornings you'll find a flea market at Port Vell. The nearest metro stop is Drassanes on the green line. The flea market is near Colum - the monument to Christopher Columbus at the foot of the Ramblas.

The other flea market worth checking is held in the square outside the Barcelona Cathedral on Thursday mornings.

All about shaving place...
Ganiveteria Roca
Plaça del Pi, 3, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Plaç...Pi,+3,+08002+Barcelona,+Catalunya,+Spain&z=16

Nice work.
I wish I had've known about that info when I was there last year.
Mind you, I just had a spinal fusion and shaving wasn't really on my mind.

Myrsol have their own shop in Barcelona, however I don't remember the address, took a taxi to get there. Maybe anyone else know the address. Otherwise El Corte Ingles is a good choice.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
La Toja (the entire range) and Floid Mentolado Suave/Vigoroso aftershaves are very easy to find and IMHO top notch stuff.

A visit to the Myrsol Perfumeria at Calle Granollers 44 is well worth a visit. They produce a wide variety of excellent after shave lotions.

Top Bottom