What's new

It's here.

Looking forward to giving it a go. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. I'm thinking tonight.

$001.jpg

I love the scales on that one. I have a sight unseen from whipped dog on the way as well, and can only hope to get one that looks as cool as that.

From one newbie to another, there's no looking back now! I've found the Whipped Dog starter kit to be quite complete for the intro to this "sport". That's a sweet razor, BTW...

Was that a sight unseen? And with or without cosmetic flaws? Looks amazing to me, really makes me want to take the plunge.

Oh man. You're getting me excited too. I'm awaiting delivery of my own whipped dog kit (without flaws). If this is any indication of what to expect, I'll be truly happy indeed. All I requested was something in a 5/8 full hollow and "nice looking". Hurry up, USPS!

I recently had my first straight razor shave with my sight unseen, awesome razor but the following words of wisdom definitely hold true

Good luck to you! Slow and steady wins the race!

I didn't enjoy the shave at all :001_tongu
I'll keep in mind the above words and strive on.

Yeah, but two comments:
- don't go too slow, as if you stop the blade on your face, that's when the blood starts escaping. ;)

- my first couple tries took me like 45 mins. By the time I was done with half my face, the lather had dried on the other half. Every now and then, go ahead and lather up the other side you're not working on to keep it moist. Once you get thru the first handful of shaves, you're going to be fast enuff it won't matter.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Wow... that is a very nice looking whipped dog! Myself I don't like smileys for honing or for shaving and I avoid them as much as practical, but that is indubitably a very nice looking razor. I can't believe that kind of quality for the whippeddog price! You stole that razor!

Just ordered my sight-unseen. Can't wait to give it a shot! As the others said, nice scales! Can't wait to see what mine looks like, when it arrives.

Top Bottom