What's new

Monday-bad news:-(

Yes,

you are right. I want to write 3 cm instead inches. This is my first so long nick (OK, I did panic regards this nick BECAUSE I have baptism of my new born on Sunday) ever. Well, looks like I was little cry baby:) So does some of you guys get this kind of nick from time to time? Also I heard that it is best to keep nick dry and after when it heals use vitamin E oil for few months and will not even leave the scar.

Love that line!

Seriously, just dab some Neosporin (or local equivalent) on it for the next couple days and you wont even see it after that!

We all get stuff like that.

So does some of you guys get this kind of nick from time to time? Also I heard that it is best to keep nick dry and after when it heals use vitamin E oil for few months and will not even leave the scar.

You will probably get a couple while you are learning. After you are proficient with the blade, this almost never happens. As for a few months... seriously, you are not gonna see that after a few days. Don't worry.

Oooh I beg to differ. Maybe my baby smooth skin is different to every other straight user but I've still got on I can see when I stretch the skin and it happened in June! OK it isn't a different colour to the rest of the skin but you can definitely see the line that the razor took when it bit me.
Still if you are gonna make an omelete you've got to break a few eggs as they say.
Out of sympathy for Proximus I decided to, ahem, carry out an experiment and cut myself three times last night. I'll let you know how they all turn out.
Nothing as long as this nick but one seems to be a little deeper than usual thanks to my autonomous left hand.

User BakerAndBadger (user, well this one sound like TRON:Legacy movie dialog or something else I will not mention, but I guess this is not blog, it is forum, so how to call forum member using message post? OK, this one is getting too complicated)

Thank you for your sympathy! Well I didn`t expect this one coming. Doc already point it out, I was little bit panic, but only because on Sunday it is a big day for my family and there will be lot of pictures and video and I really don`t want to look on all pictures taken like Joker from Batman movie, if you know what I meant to say :)

User of B&B (use many straight razor and razor as much you can) thank you for all your sympathy! Outstanding forum!

Thank you:thumbup:

Oooh I beg to differ. Maybe my baby smooth skin is different to every other straight user but I've still got on I can see when I stretch the skin and it happened in June! OK it isn't a different colour to the rest of the skin but you can definitely see the line that the razor took when it bit me.
Still if you are gonna make an omelete you've got to break a few eggs as they say.
Out of sympathy for Proximus I decided to, ahem, carry out an experiment and cut myself three times last night. I'll let you know how they all turn out.
Nothing as long as this nick but one seems to be a little deeper than usual thanks to my autonomous left hand.

I would agree that it will heal to the point of being almost undetectable in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, do not worry too much. What looks like a major cut and appears very noticeable to you is just a scratch. Stand back from the mirror 10 feet and you will not even be able to detect it. As to the baptism, it is barely noticeable- but if it is going to bother you in the future every time you look at the pictures, there are tinted cremes that people use to cover up actual major scars and birthmarks on their faces- you still have time. Personally, I would just leave it- but if it has you in a panic and stressed....

it's but a flesh wound....

$flesh wound.jpg

also, don't sneeze with the razor within inches from your face. I pulled the razor far enough away from my face (or so I thought) when I felt the sneeze percolating, and had a similar line for about 3 days.

Cuts like that are the result of accidentally drawing the blade parallel to the spine. It happens usually when on gets in a rush. Sometimes when putting the blade one the face sometimes when one gets confused in the mirror. Welcome to the club.

OK,

So I think Mondays are bad Mondays for me!!! The other Monday this cut now the last week Monday I went to doctor as I was concern about my face. I got like red spots on my face but more like bumps, red bumps. I thought this is from shaving :) Well, wasn`t shaving, but d*** shingles! Now I can`t shave for God know for how long. I know it will be until all wounds will heal. At least my wife told me that after all my RAD, time spent working with razor, he do appreciate when I`m shaving as now I do like homeless person :)

OK,

So I think Mondays are bad Mondays for me!!! The other Monday this cut now the last week Monday I went to doctor as I was concern about my face. I got like red spots on my face but more like bumps, red bumps. I thought this is from shaving :) Well, wasn`t shaving, but d*** shingles! Now I can`t shave for God know for how long. I know it will be until all wounds will heal. At least my wife told me that after all my RAD, time spent working with razor, he do appreciate when I`m shaving as now I do like homeless person :)
Some good out of a bad situation, heal fast my friend.

Top Bottom