What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Corsair Small Batch Triple Smoke Malt Whiskey, from a local artisan distillery. Very much like a lightly peated Islay scotch with a sweeter finish and very smooth neat (80 proof). Imported peat from Scotland, Beechwood from Germany and Cherry from here in the US is used to smoke malted barley and then distilled in a pre-prohibition copper still located in the far eastern side of the old Marathon Motor Car Works building near downtown Nashville (the former location of the Yazoo Brewery). I would recommend this whiskey without reservation if you have a taste for light to medium Islay scotch and if you can find it. About $50 locally. Some awards have been won with this mash bill.
Corsair also makes a very nice Gin that I find comparable to Hendrick's, with less cucumber and no rose so it's not as quirky, although I dearly love a Hendrick's Dry Martini. The barrel aged Gin in particular is a favorite of mine, but may be available exclusively at the distillery as it was an experimental run. The regular Gin costs about $30 locally, a best buy in my opinion.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Never!
I seldom drink beer.
Tonight I poured a glass of Old Grand-Dad. No ice
I love scotch. Single Malt. No ice. Just a drop or two of water.
Im a sipper and flavor enjoyer.
The only thing I mix regularly is tequila.
Crown Royal Reserve is my Achilles heel. For that reason it is not kept in the house.

$blanche-de-namur-beer-online-1308717127.jpg

Top Bottom