What's new

Exfoliating facial scrub?

If you want gentle, Anthony Logistics or L'Occitane Olive are both good. I prefer Clinique for Men, but it's not exactly gentle. :wink:

I've tried a few but find they all cause me to get razor burn, even if I use it the night before and shave in the morning. Just my two cents.

I like the Kiehl's facial scrub. I don't use it every day though. I reserve it for days when I'm not going to shave, and on the days I do shave I use a face wash.

I happen to like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but can understand it being too coarse. Make sure to gently massage it, rather than rubbing it in.

Also, try Shiseido for Men. It is mild, but it is expensive (about $30). But you shouldn't use it more than a few times a week, and only a small amount. (For the record, men are known to use "too much product" which is just a waste.)

Anthony contains "microbeads," which in an article I read by a dermatologist are just a gimmick. I've always felt disappointed by the now ubiquitous Anthony products.

Yes, Shiseido also contains the bogus microbeads, but granules as well.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I like the Kiehl's facial scrub. I don't use it every day though. I reserve it for days when I'm not going to shave, and on the days I do shave I use a face wash.

+ 1. Except I use Nivea exfoliating scrub instead of Kiehl's. Otherwise, I use the same routine.

I use Zirh scrub. It contains granules and aloe vera, it's not harsh. Since it has aloe in it, your face is lightly moisturized as well. I only use it about twice a week.

There are two St. Ive's Apricot scrubs. One is medicated (extremely harsh), and the other is much more gentle and smells much better. Are you sure you're not getting the medicated version?

I use Clinique scrub. I like it rough.:biggrin:

Zirh's scrub is quite fine, so is Menscience. REN's jojoba scrub seems to be getting good reviews too.

dissolve 3 or 4 aspirin in just enough water to make a paste. Scrub gently and rinse. Don't get no cheaper.

Is this the famous aspirin mask/scrub?

Another way would be to crush the aspirin tablets and mix them with cetaphil to produce a thicker paste.

I've tried every face scrub on the market. for those of you using clinique a great cheaper alternative is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. well as for good ex foliating scrubs that aren't to harsh try Biore they have a couple that work a lot better than Anthony's logistics.

Good thread, I've been looking for a scrub to use on my forehead/nose. I usually use regular cleanser on my regular no shave days. But before a shave I like to exfoliate my forehead and nose and use regular cleanser on beard area. I've been using a really cheap method....just sugar and water...works OK I guess.

Top Bottom