What's new

Omega brushes are made in China

It says so right on the box.

proxy.php
proxy.php

If you look closely you can see some bristles sticking out between the handle and the gold collar.
proxy.php

I picked this up today at a discount store, silly me I thought it was genuine. I should have read the label, it cost all of $3.95. Only the Chinese would make a $4 copy of a $8 brush, the only good thing about it is it does not have the boar smell :biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The counterfeiting culture in China is of epic proportions.
There are factories that pump out copies of almost everything under the sun, from razor blades to high end purses and shoes, from shaving brushes to fake coins and gold bullion.

This may have actually been produced for Omega. Sometimes when Western companies try to move to Eastern production they contract the factory with a test order. In a case like this, they may have seen the poor quality and refused delivery. At which time the factory is supposed to destroy the merchandise, but instead it usually gets dumped in a secondary market. Technically it would still qualify as a counterfeit in that (in such a situation) it is being sold without license. I'm curious if we'll see Omega moving their opening price point brushes to Chinese production in the next year or two. Just because this run was shoddy doesn't mean they won't find a reasonably good manufacturer to take over producing their $8 brushes.

There was a thread here awhile back. Something like 5 brushes for $5.95. From one of those China wholesaler outlets. It was <$15 after shipping so I bought them for a laugh. Got here and the box was branded omega. Brushes were roughly shaped sticks with house paint (I assume leaded) on them, and the knots fell apart the first time I tried to lather with them.

The Chinese economy is taking over - and so are the Chinese Copy Cats - I have nothing against the Chinese folks, but please STAY THE HE_LL AWAY with your lousy COPY CAT SHIIIT :angry:

I hate, no sorry, I disgust people who make a living out of making counterfeits - they simply suck and should get NO RESPECT !
I try to boycott Chinese made products because of this copy cat culture, but even Apple makes their stuff there now, so it's an uphill battle to say the least :cursing:

As long as they aren't direct frauds, it doesn't bother me. Omega Made in China... yeah I don't mind that. As soon as they remove that "Made in China" part, I have a problem. Of course fact is not everyone knows that Omega's AREN'T made in china... They might hear "buy an Omega", and buy that brush. So my view is really self-centered. I can live with that.

Top Bottom