What's new

You are forced to thin your soap herd to 3...which ones?

Barrister and man Seville , barrister and Mann lavanille. Mdc fougere. My three I would keep. Fresh , dark nd clean. The three scent types.

funny I never really thought of proraso or cella as soaps.
but I suppose theyre a little hard to be creams as well, but they seem more creamy to me.

2012 picks
1. Tabac- My first soap 36 years ago, it's like part of the Family
2. Klar Seifen Lotus/Ginger- Love the scent, Slick Lather
2. Panna Creama Mediteraneo- Initial lather was very slick, good scent & price

2014 picks
A couple of changes:
1. Tabac- Love the stick, great container & performance2. Valobra Brick- Slick lather, moisturizes well, good price for 5ozs
2. Palmolive- inexpensive stick, lathers easy, slick lather & fresh soap scent.
3. QCS Tub Celestial Woods- Though not a hard soap, I get slick moisturizing lather & I love the Woody/Pine scent.

March 2015
Inspired by brucered, Pretty much the same for me
1. Tabac- I'll never change this one, prefer the stick.
2. Palmolive- So inexpensive and I really love that scent :blushing:, probably cemented in the #2 spot.
3. QCS Tub- Truthfully I'd get a Custom scent, loved the Cedarwood Lemongrass and Provence the best, Celestial Woods or Rose for current availability.

Honorable Mention- AOS Tallow, 6 pucks left, won't re-buy even if it 's available.

Seems like cement didn't work for #2;

1. Tabac- see above
2. QCS- Only the Tubs, great performance during & after the shave, Bath & shampoo bars are a bonus.
3. Stirling- good value, excellent performance during & after the shave, good Bars soaps a bonus.

Honorable mention; Panna Crema- I forgot how good these soaps are, could easily replace any of my top three if they were discontinued.

D.R. Harris
Valobra (hard)
Tabac

There are quite a few top-tier soaps I've not tried, so this list is of course bound to change.

I have about 25 soaps. I haven't tried them all yet but of the ones that I have tried my three picks would be:

Tiki bar soap - The Captain
Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber
The Strop Shoppe - London Morning

I will keep this in the same order except for the third place, I do hesitate between Valobra (and especially their hard shaving soap I have discovered this year) and DR Harris (a very good soap with tallow and many different scents to choose from). DR Harris Lavender is growing on me, and I have yet to try the scented Valobra soaps...

After a few days of retesting TOBS, here is my new top lists :

1. TOBS any scent. DR Harris are good soaps, TOBS are better. They do produce creamier, more protective lather, even if they don't have as much different scents available (but looking at their formulation, they look identical to Maison du Barbier and Floris, which are also top performers at both end of the price Spectrum).

2. Tabac. Father's favorite. Very creamy tallow soaps with a lot of protection and hydration. I kept it in my list at the same place.

3. Valobra hard puck. Creamy and very slick, like all Valobra shaving soaps.

I have excluded CF, but for the sake of argument, I will say it is an OUTSTANDING cream-soap, which deserves a list of his own. :001_smile

Top Bottom