What's new

Veg

I have become quite addicted to AS (go figure). My current favorites are:
1) Proraso Splash (original... the reformulated version is OK as well)
2) Boosters Polar Ice
3) Clubman

That being said, I hear people speak of Veg... also by Clubman. What can you tell me about it? Please describe the scent, where you purchase, what you like or dislike about it. Thanks.

Follow up: I am receiving lots of PM telling me it smells like a urinal cake... REALLY??

Last edited:
The VEG rocks. The VEG takes no prisoners.

It smells differently to different people.

I enjoy it.

It can be purchased at a number of local pharmacies around where I live as well as at Bed Bath and Beyond

proxy.php

@ Turtle....You are such a tease! Does it fade quickly like Booster? I love Booster but it fades soooo fast.

Think rotting dead squirrel mixed with old man barbershop scent:blink:! And talc powder. Just kidding I can't describe that stink tho. It was not for me.

@ Turtle....You are such a tease! Does it fade quickly like Booster? I love Booster but it fades soooo fast.

No way.

THE VEG does not fade. It lasts about as long as a normal EDC does.

I can still smell it on me hours after applying. When I use the VEG I do not use any cologne.

Veg rocks.

SWMBO does not dislike ANY of the Pinaud scents that I have...

Special Reserve
Virgin Island Bay Rum
Clubman
Citrus Musk
Veg

Got some Lime Sec on the way.

Alas Tillerman7, you have entered into the dark side of shaving. In order to complete your training, you must confront your dark side, but beware: many a young Jedi has lost his soul to "The Veg!" The Veg is not the pinnacle of old time shaving, it is the nadir (a virtual island of lost souls). It is a ghastly concoction of ammonia and horse urine, created during the Industrial Revolution (some say by Dr. Jekyll himself), when modern, refined ingredients simply were not available.

Those who are "chosen," by The Veg are forever relegated to an alternate place in society, much like a leper, and some never ever return. Go if you must, Tillerman7, but just remember, you were sufficiently warned!

OK... I'm sold T-Dog convinced me to order...

Just to show everyone that I am an excellent Padawan learner I wanted to share the following links. Seems that amazon is a few "specials...

http://www.amazon.com/Clubman-Pinau...F8&qid=1343349029&sr=8-1&keywords=Clubman+Veg

And for those PRIME members: http://www.amazon.com/Clubman-Pinau...=1343349029&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=Clubman+Veg

$7.28 including shipping is a very good deal for an AS of this size. Shipping alone would eat up most of that.

NO EXCUSES for anyone NOT trying THE VEG at that price.

The prime deal seems to be great... Horse urine... can't wait!

$7.28 including shipping is a very good deal for an AS of this size. Shipping alone would eat up most of that.

NO EXCUSES for anyone NOT trying THE VEG at that price.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
How does it smell? Well, like a green plant to me. There's a powdery scent, other than that, it burns when I put it on. It burns like someone slaps me for a few seconds. It wakes you up that's for sure. How long does it last, a few hours I'd say. I wouldn't use it every day but it's nice. It's very different to the Booster Lilac.

The prime deal seems to be great... Horse urine... can't wait!

What ever you do, DO NOT just uncap it and take a whiff.....

Put it on liberally and let it dry down.

The initial scent is very strong but it mellows into a nice floral scent after a few minutes.

Very few people "get it" at first. It took me several weeks of using it daily before I became accustomed to the initial scents. Now I find it very enjoyable and it does last a good long time once it gets to the floral stage

@ Turtle:

I was reading some other posts where they said to pour or shake out what you want to use and let it "AIR" out before "application." Sounds like that might be good or sound advice?

When you get it, open up the bottle and wave it in front of the toilet. It has been statistically proven that 92% of all toilets flush when the scent gets near them.

I sent my bottle to Doc226. Then, because I couldn't believe I hated something so much, I got another. With that one, I let it breathe a little and now I mix it 50/50 with alcohol that has been doped with Pinaud Clubman. It works OK but it is not my favorite emetic. I'm thinking about sending the bottle to my brother-in-law.

Non believers!!!

when you get it, open up the bottle and wave it in front of the toilet. It has been statistically proven that 92% of all toilets flush when the scent gets near them.

I sent my bottle to doc226. Then, because i couldn't believe i hated something so much, i got another. With that one, i let it breathe a little and now i mix it 50/50 with alcohol that has been doped with pinaud clubman. It works ok but it is not my favorite emetic. I'm thinking about sending the bottle to my brother-in-law.

Can we do a group buy from Garry for everyone to try the Veg so these threads don't keep popping up? I like it, SWMBO likes it. Were it not for a song by Clutch, one of my favorite bands, I wouldn't have been interested, but now I keep trying to find a bottle without ordering it. Soon, though.

I'm sorry, didn't know there was a limit on the topics that could be posted. If you don't want to read another Veg thread, skip it. Just saying.

I'm sorry, didn't know there was a limit on the topics that could be posted. If you don't want to read another Veg thread, skip it. Just saying.

Easy, tiger. It was just a joke. I started one not too long ago. The Veg is an often discussed AS because it really is a YMMV thing. Some people say urinal cake or urine while others say powder or floral. I went the cautious route by getting it and a couple other things from Garry. Don't be so quick on the draw to get offended. I meant no offense at all.

Just think people often forget this is a help forum... Can't tell ya how many times I've seen seasoned posters jack a new member for asking a questions about blades etc. no offense taken...

NOW ON TO THE VEG!!!

i got a sample from garry the other day, along with a sample of regular clubman. im on a trip away from home now, so im not sure what swmbo thinks of it, but i personally like it and just put some on after a post lawn mowing shower and shave. definitely pick up on the flowers & powder notes, but you gotta wait for the alcohol to dissipate to tell what it really smells like. the VEG ​has chosen a new member!

Top Bottom