What's new

B+B LE Herald Grande Progress Thread

Hi B+B Friends!

I wanted to get this thread started, as we should be in production with this pen very soon.

I was anticipating the materials to leave Germany this week so we could start on Monday. However, the rods have not shipped yet for various reasons. Transit time is usually 3-5 days. So if they leave early next week, there's a chance of starting on them next week. But the week after (the 21st) is a good possibility right now.

I'll keep updates here in this thread!

Brian at Edison

I feel so cheated. I expected to click on this to see a bunch of pictures of ebonite spinning on a lathe...instead it was just a giant tease!
I EXPECT THESE KINDS OF THINGS FROM JIM, NOT YOU BRIAN!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I too am looking forward to seeing some pics. I'd like to see one of Brian shaving too. Only fair to exchange obsessions I figure.

I'm more excited about this than ever. Trying now to decide what I should be imagining. Is it a B&W scene of a couple of guys in trench coats standing in a pool of light on a misty pier, slipping a bearded ship's captain (wearing a peacoat and cap, of course) a envelope stuffed with worn Deutschmarks; then, later that night, loading covered pallets into the hold? Or is it a group of tall, thin German technocrats in lab coats standing in the middle of a huge, sparkling white laboratory, inspecting a giant padded metal case filled with rods; on their signal, a perfectly fit lid is lowered into place and a silent conveyor belt moves the rods to a sleek black Mercedes truck? For now, I'm going with the noir scene--it works better with this pen.

Now that I remember last week was the FPGeeks Camp Edison adventure, I'm sort of glad our ebonite wasn't in house at that time. :p

(Sorry Eric and Dan, if you read here -- I have to tease)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, I hate to hijack, but I have a question. When a pen is called an ebonite pen, is that just indicative of what the feed is made of, or is the whole pen ebonite?

Okay, I hate to hijack, but I have a question. When a pen is called an ebonite pen, is that just indicative of what the feed is made of, or is the whole pen ebonite?
Wait..... you did not get the secret handshake?

In this case the entire pen is made from German made Ebonite rod. How cool is that?

Hey Nid.... Did one of them look like this guy ??

$BLADE RUNNER HARRISON.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm more excited about this than ever. Trying now to decide what I should be imagining. Is it a B&W scene of a couple of guys in trench coats standing in a pool of light on a misty pier, slipping a bearded ship's captain (wearing a peacoat and cap, of course) a envelope stuffed with worn Deutschmarks; then, later that night, loading covered pallets into the hold? Or is it a group of tall, thin German technocrats in lab coats standing in the middle of a huge, sparkling white laboratory, inspecting a giant padded metal case filled with rods; on their signal, a perfectly fit lid is lowered into place and a silent conveyor belt moves the rods to a sleek black Mercedes truck? For now, I'm going with the noir scene--it works better with this pen.

(Nid Hog summoned to head office, in which sit two Germans.)

'Nid, you haff been safety inspector here for two years ... vatt inishateeves haff you zpearheaded in zat time?'

'... um, all of them?'

'I zee ... and zo you hafs zome planss for zee futur?'

'I sure do!'

'... ... ... such as??'

'Well, ... ... ... I wish the ebonite pen vending machines weren't so picky about taking beat up dollar bills ... because ... a lot of ... guys like pens ... made of ... ebonite?'

'Vee underztand, Nid. After all, vee are from zee LAND of EBONITE.'

' ... mmm, the Land of Ebonite ...'

proxy.php

I have two Indian pens made all from ebonite. I love the smell... I love the feel... I do wish they were a little better writers/starters. However, with an Edison pen, I am looking forward to the ultimate ebonite pen...

A question for Mr. Gray...what is unique to ebonite that the source is Germany? Or are you purchasing from a German supplier because they have the best quality? Just curious if it is the case that Germany has the ebonite market to themselves?

A question for Mr. Gray...what is unique to ebonite that the source is Germany? Or are you purchasing from a German supplier because they have the best quality? Just curious if it is the case that Germany has the ebonite market to themselves?

There's only two ebonite suppliers on the earth that have a quality product. They are both in Germany. The one that I'm using has the best selection of colors and patterns, and also a superior composition.

So yep, Germany has a world monopoly on ebonite! There is an Asian source, but their product is pretty poor.

There's only two ebonite suppliers on the earth that have a quality product. They are both in Germany. The one that I'm using has the best selection of colors and patterns, and also a superior composition.

So yep, Germany has a world monopoly on ebonite! There is an Asian source, but their product is pretty poor.

What a great country! Ebonite, Beer, Tabac, Sir Irisch Moos, ShaveMac, Muhle, and Merkur. I think this calls for a Road Trip! (With a side trip to Scotland to check out Castle Forbes and few wee distilleries!)

Top Bottom