What's new

DE Blade Challenge II

That is a serious piece of work here! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks. It did take a lot of extra time to keep track of the shaves daily, but it serves as a good reference for me to make future purchasing decisions instead of guessing or relying on memories which may not be accurate.

That was a LOT of work and dedication on your part. Kudos to you! Very interesting data there. As you stated, your data is really only applicable to your face. FWIW - my favorite blades thus far fall pretty much in your 75-85% range.

Bumping this older thread.....GD had posted this link in the BOTOC thread and shocked to only find 4 replies to this thread.....it is one of the most complete and thorough reviews of blades I have ever seen....IMO the information provided is valuable to both newbies and experienced wet shavers alike.

Thanks Gary for all of your hard work, dedication and everything you contribute to our hobby.....we have lots of members with high post counts, but very few that contribute the way you do....thank you!!!

This should be made into a sticky. We have many high post count members, but Gary is one that actually provides useful information, and real test, not just a lot of fluff.

Great job as always Gary.

That is a very useful piece of work. I realize that blades are largely a YMMV thing but there are definitely patterns and this largely echoes those patterns. Well done and thank you!

Interesting to see Derby beat out Astras - Derbys get mixed reviews here. But my experience with Astras is similar - they fade fast. Also Shark Stainless did very well, not a lot of mention of that blade usually.

Bumping this older thread.....GD had posted this link in the BOTOC thread and shocked to only find 4 replies to this thread.....it is one of the most complete and thorough reviews of blades I have ever seen....IMO the information provided is valuable to both newbies and experienced wet shavers alike.

Thanks Gary for all of your hard work, dedication and everything you contribute to our hobby.....we have lots of members with high post counts, but very few that contribute the way you do....thank you!!!

This should be made into a sticky. We have many high post count members, but Gary is one that actually provides useful information, and real test, not just a lot of fluff.

Great job as always Gary.

Thanks Gents!

With the risk of sounding repetitive, I want to thank you for giving me the most useful information possible about how to make my blade purchases.

DE blades are definitely a YMMV thing. Some blades in that chart defy blind tests from this forum and my own face. I think a sampler pack should never be undervalued as a source of knowledge, even if just for the sake of bragging rights.

Great post GD ...!
That's more blade info on one place then I think anyone has ever collected. WoW well done !

A valuable contribution to the community. Thanks!

I note that, as many cannot tell any difference between the Personna Meds and Labs, using the Labs would cut the price by 50% or more.

Dennis

We owe a debt of gratitude to you, Gary. Probably the most informative set of blade tests I've seen.

Because of this, I might have to give some of the Supermax offerings. They gave some pretty impressive results it appears.

Top Bottom