What's new

PIF: Gillette Singapore thin

Just got these in from Dr. Idiot(thank you). I'm willing to send each of you three individual blades and IF you like, tell B&B your experience with these blades. It could be as short as: "these suck" :001_tongu to something like an in depth review. Limit to the first seven who sign up.

Cheers!

Attachments

• $singapore thins.jpg
    $singapore thins.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 400
  • $singapore thins2.jpg
    $singapore thins2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 631
I believe those are from Thailand. The other version of the thin is from Vietnam, and not nearly as good. Not in on the PIF (very gracious though) because I have a bunch of these and find them the best single blade for my tech. Compared to the Astra SP, noticeably smoother and just as sharp. The smoothness can be quantified as a lack of audio feedback compared to the Astras.

These are fantastic blades at a reasonable price.

I believe those are from Thailand. The other version of the thin is from Vietnam, and not nearly as good. Not in on the PIF (very gracious though) because I have a bunch of these and find them the best single blade for my tech. Compared to the Astra SP, noticeably smoother and just as sharp. The smoothness can be quantified as a lack of audio feedback compared to the Astras.

These are fantastic blades at a reasonable price.

I agree. Don't want to spoil the others view. But I will say. YES! x 2(shaves)
That's it.

I believe those are from Thailand. The other version of the thin is from Vietnam, and not nearly as good...

Is there a difference in the packaging? I have a pack of these waiting to be tested, got them a couple weeks ago. I find that all of the Gillette Branded blades (green, yellows, etc) shave really well for me, actually, I think my top five are probably Gillettes.

Cwwhiteboy,
I'm not familiar with the packaging of the other far east Gillette blades but these have been wrapped twice. Once in wax then the outer Gillette paper. Very nice IMO. No glue spot either!

My first shave with these blades this a.m. in a NEW LC (since it's still OC March). I'll hold my comments until I've gone through all three blades.

Thanks for the PIF. I'm sure I'd have never tried these blades otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom