What's new

Vulfix Grosvenor Mixed or Omega 31064?

Both of these seem in the same price range...I have asked a few questions on brushes, still haven't pulled the trigger. There are so many choices, and on a budget I am trying to be careful. I have looked at the Rooneys and the Simpsons, and barring a really lucky break on BST, those are a ways off $ wise. I have read the reviews on both of these, and both look good, thought I would get some opinions. I am about even soaps and creams, bowl and face lathering. Up to now, I have been using the VDH luxury pure badger brush. any ideas? one or the other? Or stick with what I got?

Last edited:
I have not tried the Omega so I can't really say, but I can say that I love my Vulfix Grosvenor. A lot! And can vouch for it being a really nice brush. Has the softness of some badger with some boar backbone, a really fantastic brush, highly recommended.

I guess with no frame of reference other than my VdH pure badger, I have no idea how either would feel in comparison. The reviews on both are really good.

I was just looking at the Grosvenor, too. And I'm using that horrible VDH brush as well. Sheds like crazy.

Contact them for a replacement. I find the VdH to be a quite good brush.

I own a mixed Grosvenor and just wrote a brief review of it the other day. Heckuva deal for $28 and one of only four in my regular rotation.

By reputation alone the Omega 31064 is a good brush, but the Grosvener is a great brush. I had the Omega 31025 (same bristle different handle) and it was a good brush.

Last edited:
I just purchased the Vulfix 404 Badger/Boar mix from DiamondEdgeLtd.com for a total of $20.86 CAD including shipping. I can't wait to get it!

I really wanted to get my hands on a Semogue Caravela, but since that was a limited production brush, my only hope now is to grab one off the BST if it would ever come up. Unfortunately I doubt I'd ever be happy with a used brush as the break-in process is half the fun. I'd love a new one so I can break it in with my face and lathering technique.

Vulfix makes good products, so since the Caravela isn't available anymore, this would be it's equal or the next best thing imo. It'll be my first product from Vulfix. I hear the hanlde alone is worth the cost of the brush. I'm not a huge fan of the Ivory color, but if the handle is that well made, I'll just deal with it as it's pretty minor.

Nice Dave! :thumbup1:

I dealt with David from Diamond Edge, and his customer service is second to none! Very quick responses to my inquiries and just an overrall pleasure to deal with. I was informed they offer a 10% discount to B&B member on all their Simpson brushes. Not too shabby if one is looking for a Simpson.

I will definitely order from them again, and wholeheartedly recommend them.

I have both and they are quite different. The Vulfix Grosvenor boar/badger brush will take about 3 weeks to break in. It is the best all around brush you can find at this price point. It lathers well, the tips are soft, it has nice scrub feeling, and it has plenty of backbone. The Omega 3164 is soft right out of the box. It will splay out and be moppy. It is so soft with little to no scrub that it feels like you're lathering your face with a cloud. I enjoy them both and would encourage you to buy both if you're not going to go with more expensive brushes. It is an excellent way to begin a good but inexpensive collection.

I think my 31064 must be overpacked. While it has soft tips, it is very firm, at the base it is downright solid (but not so solid that it could be a bad glue job.)
I've been mean to it, it's seen months of use, strong vinegar rinses, even borax. It just laughs at me.

I got my Grosvenor mixed from Shaving Shack for US$17, and it is worth way more than that. It is a fantastic brush, nice and scrubby like a boar, but with the soft tips of badger. It's an amazing all-around brush, and simply must belong in a good shave den.

Top Bottom