What's new

Vulfix Grosvenor Mixed or Omega 31064?

I got my Grosvenor mixed from Shaving Shack for US$17, and it is worth way more than that. It is a fantastic brush, nice and scrubby like a boar, but with the soft tips of badger. It's an amazing all-around brush, and simply must belong in a good shave den.

Good point, +1

thats it...you guys talked me into it. I pulled the trigger on the Grosvenor mixed at Diamond Edge Ltd. Interested to see how long it takes to get here...

thats it...you guys talked me into it. I pulled the trigger on the Grosvenor mixed at Diamond Edge Ltd. Interested to see how long it takes to get here...

Hope you enjoy it. I used mine for the second day in a row. It's rare for me to ever use a brush more than once every few days.

By reputation alone the Omega 31064 is a good brush, but the Grosvener is a great brush. I had the Omega 31025 (same bristle different handle) and it was a good brush.

Word.

The Omega handles are no where near the quality of Simpsons/Vulfix. And the Grosvenor performs like a champ.

Last edited:
I just received my Grosvenor. First impression: the handle is bigger than I thought, and feels heavy. For some reason I had assumed it was a smaller brush. In fact the handle is the same height as the 31064, and about the same width, though they taper at different places. The 31064 has 0.4" more loft and 0.1" wider knot, and weighs 78g versus the Grosvenor's 73.5g.

Testing the Grosvenor hand lathering with a Palmolive stick was unimpressive, I think too little product was transferred (hand is smaller than face!)

But going to my puck of MWF with the gently squeezed Grosvenor was amazing! It loaded well without lathering right away, keeping the soap bowl clean at the edges. And it lathered perfectly. The lather was dense and even, and filled the brush. It was different to what I get with badger brushes, but just as good. I suspect the bubbles it forms are smaller.

Strangely, it took this boar/badger mix brush to show me why some people love boar brushes. I think I finally get it. Now I just need to work out how to make my full-boar brushes work this well.

$Omega1064VulfixGrosvenor.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my grosvenor. I finally know what backbone is!!!! I let it soak for a few minutes and lathered it with my Provence sante soap....it loaded really well, and lathered great. The lather was also much more dense than I had ever made before. I am really looking forward to this brush getting even better with time!! I gotta say, it was less than 20 bucks from diamond edge in the uk to me on the east coast, and only took a week. A great deal!

Received my Grosvenor today and palm lathered with it since I already shaved. Got some great lather very quickly using an Arko stick. I was surprised how soft the brush is even out of the box completely dry. I noticed a little scritch while palm lathering, but that was only the first lather and I can only imagine how good it's going to get from here.

My first brush was the same VDH Pure Badger that you're using. I'm not really unhappy with it, but it is a bit floppy for my taste. My second brush was the Grosvenor Mixed and I love it. I have since purchased some other brushes, but I really like the versatility of the Vulfix 404. It's got enough backbone to make a great face lather and enough softness and loft to bowl lather nicely as well.

Top Bottom