What's new

The Formula 1 2012 thread

I wonder if this counts as a pole for Pastor?

Sam Posey's piece on rules was simply outstanding. His work is not to be missed for the complete F1 weekend.

With Fernando starting on the front row, he could beat the Williams to the corner and make for some very happy Spanish fans tomorrow!!

Bravo to Lotus.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I wonder if this counts as a pole for Pastor?

Well, it certainly counts for a win.

Five races. Five constructors. Amazing.

Does Lotus make it #6 at Monte Carlo? (I don't think that track suits them.)

Congrats to Pastor on his first win.

Absolutely brilliant job by Kimi down the stretch. Cutting 20 seconds in 10 laps is incredible. One more lap and it was his.

Ferrari's previous win no longer appears to be a fluke, but they are not without troubles. Don't look for sympathy from Red Bull or McLaren.

Another nice finish for Kamui. He's my favorite underdog.

I'm very happy for Frank Williams, but I hear they had a post-race fire in the pits.

Overall, this is turning out to be one hell of a season.

Very mature race from Pastor. So far I was not impressed with his race craft but this is a text book win and he handled the pressure as a champ.

I think Pastors pole will count as a pole because Lewis was disqualified from qualifying. His pole setting lap is invalid due to not making it back to the pits. However, I would have expected this to result in P10 as he did get into Q3 with a valid lap.

It's different when someone is put backwards due to a non qualifying event and remains best of the qualifying session.

I'm very happy for Frank Williams, but I hear they had a post-race fire in the pits.

Pastor rescued his 12 year old cousin from the fire. It is reported one person is critical injured from the fire. It was a exciting race, even if I had to cut it short. Sorry it ended this way for Williams

$timthumb.php.jpg

$bruno-sennac2b4s-destroyed-williams-fw341.jpg

Last edited:
Hat's off to Maldonado.
Good to see Kimi coming on strong. He'll be standing on top of the podium soon enough.
I'm rooting for him.

I can't say I'm sad that Hammy was at the back of the grid, but I can say that I was impressed with his effort.

I understand he's acted like a petulant child some weeks over the past two seasons but I don't get all the ill will towards Lewis. He's a great driver and exciting to watch but it seems that most want to see him fail miserably. People get on him for not seeming excited or happy with anything other than winning saying hes a poor sport, yet celebrate Kimi when he acts the same saying he doesn't want to settle for anything less than victory.

I wouldn't consider myself a Hamilton fan but I do tend to root for McLaren more than most teams on the grid. I simply like to watch a good race. That, more than anything else, tends to be why I don't root for RBR. Most of the races last season lacked excitement at the front of the field since, it seemed, by turn two Seb had a 2 second gap on the field. By lap three it would be 10+ seconds. I love seeing four to five teams that can fight for victory every race.

Monaco up next!

Even though passing is nearly impossible it's allways great to watch. Last year was a bit of an anti-climax due to the restart in the final phase which allowed anyone to take fresh tires.

My money is on Lewis for this one but this year has been so unpredictable.

It could be anyone who has not won this year.

Looking forward to that race too. You're so right Joris that passing is almost impossible, so tyre strategy will be more important than ever. I remember Coulthard being behind Bernouilli for about 30 laps or more, which was exciting in it's own way! And then these "desperate" attempts at the end of the tunnel with all the danger that can cause. The great views of the harbour and the audience, great onboard camera pictures. This is a race that I will not miss!

Last edited:
As of right now, they're saying 40% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday...that could certainly spice things up in the principality!

ouch

I had the opportunity to drive the circuit two summers ago- what a thrill. For sheer spectacle and tradition, you can't beat Monaco.

Rooting for Lotus this week.

If there is one circuit where predicting is hard, it is Monaco. And with rain expected, the winner could be a surprise (again). I think that experience will be important so I hope that Kimi can be on the podium. Nico is fine with me too. And for the championship, I'd like to see Button take some more points.

ouch

Getting close. Here I am in my new HRT.

Attachments

• $7184618322_616041d282_z.jpg
    $7184618322_616041d282_z.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 35

ouch

Attachments

• $article-1328098285213-118C4E2E000005DC-983709_636x432.jpg
    $article-1328098285213-118C4E2E000005DC-983709_636x432.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 33
Time for another new winner. Kimi breaks through for Lotus-Renault.

BTW, Amazon is pre-selling Senna on Blu-Ray. Cannot wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom