What's new

Ogallala after shave

Why do you care if the aftershave has color? Are you painting with it?

I love Ogallala, but as with everything else, YMMV.

Make it a nice little PIF for someone and turn your tragedy into something positive!

I was wondering that myself. I can't quarrel with his likes or dislike of the product, as it's all subjective, but I can't understand the issue with color.

I love OBR AS myself.
real bay rum/sandalwood is dark--------its natural---- as far a colr in geneneral , i have never really thought about it- till this experience . either way

+1 - Love the Lime & Peppercorn - so does my wife!

(the lime-pepercorn is really outstanding.)

On the refund note, as I understand, the existence of samples is so that you can try something out and, if you don't like it, you're not stuck with a huge monetary loss or a bottle of an aftershave you don't like.

Last edited:
dyyd - I wanted a Bay Rum AS & since I couldn't make up my mind between Ogallala and Captain's Choice, here is what I did:

attachment.php

I like them all and today used the Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorn which SWMBO loved :001_tt1:

Gene​

Asking for money back on samples seems to be in poor taste in my opinion. I thought the whole purpose of samples was to get to try a product with minimal investment. Since this was purchased from a vendor I am sure he has to build this cost into his prices. In effect we are paying for you to try stuff. Doesn't seem cool to me. I have a den full of creams, soaps and blade samples that I wasn't overly fond of. Instead of asking for my money back I have shared these items with friends.

I absolutely love the Ogallala bay rum aftershaves I have tried. I received one free sample with an order from Phil at Bullgoose, bay rum with sandalwood, and promptly ordered the limes and peppercorns and the sage and cedar versions. The latter came in glass bottles, whereas the sandalwood came in the plastic sampler bottle. One thing I noticed was that the alcohol-burn effect in the plastic sampler bottle was totally dissipated, while the ones in the glass bottles had some fire to them. So perhaps it is the chemistry in solution reacting with the plastic bottles? Just a thought. In any case, be sure to give them a good shake, as the EOs tend to separate as the bottles rest on the shelf between uses.

Last edited:
I bought the Bay Rum with Limes and Peppercorn AS. It came in the glass bottle. They threw in some small samples in plastic bottles. The glass bottle AS performed much better - had a nice burn and the scent lasted longer.

seems like an awful lot of bad mouthing a product sampler over $6.25. did you get your $ back up and get to keep the product?
i dont see the bad mouthing and if it was 6.00 it would not even be worth it----------all i did was give an opinion on a product as others do on other products-------

Did you just smell from the bottle or actually try them on your skin? Also, did you shake them up real well before sampling?

Both of these will have a significant impact on the overall satisfaction with the product. I know I like the smell of Clubman Classic and Florida Water...until I actually put them on my skin. I then found them both to be overbearingly floral, though I loved the way the Clubman left my skin feeling.

Did you just smell from the bottle or actually try them on your skin? Also, did you shake them up real well before sampling?

Both of these will have a significant impact on the overall satisfaction with the product. I know I like the smell of Clubman Classic and Florida Water...until I actually put them on my skin. I then found them both to be overbearingly floral, though I loved the way the Clubman left my skin feeling.
i smelled it only and my wife and All my kids ---- every bottle i speedily closed it, packed it and called for a refund------- actually they were too cool------- i can say it now it was west coast shaving------- they were Great, no argument and i am satisfied with their overall handling of the situation
as far as clubman i cant get enough smell from that stuff-------i love the special reserve, sometimes i mix it with lilac vegetal, or No9 bay rum-------- i cant stink enough

Its interesting how peoples tastes are different, I love Bay Rum and ogallala in particular, but HATE veg. i guess we are polar opposites.

Top Bottom