What's new

Ogallala after shave

oh my gosh, i just got the sampler , this has got to be the worst smelling crud i have ever tried, i am writing them tomorrow and trying to get a refund, Blah

Different strokes for different folks....you'll find many on this forum who swear by this brand. I personally enjoy Ogallala's products. Put the sampler up on BST.

Ditto.
I love it... but it's not in my main rotation because I just don't get "the burn".
I find it moisturizes better than most Bay Rums while still carrying the scent (SWMBO and my cat both love it).
I'll use it when I need something a little less intense and better at moisturizing but when I don't need so much that I'm reaching for a balm.

I like the Bay Rum anytime especially, though, after a shave with Cella - nice way to start the day.

Try to get your money back? You bought a sampler and didn't like it. That's what a sampler is for. I bought the same and found out there's one scent I don't like. It saved me from buying a big bottle and having big regrets.

Try to get your money back? You bought a sampler and didn't like it. That's what a sampler is for. I bought the same and found out there's one scent I don't like. It saved me from buying a big bottle and having big regrets.
it looked like something worth trying, , they dont even have color, they dont smell anything like any bay rum i have ever had, it just funky-----------i will stick to my clubman special reserve, No 9 bay rum, lilac vegetal etc.

There is no way you'll get your money back from a SAMPLER.
I can understand some people would hate a certain product. But that is what samplers are for.
It didn't cost you money, it saved you from losing more.

it looked like something worth trying, , they dont even have color, they dont smell anything like any bay rum i have ever had, it just funky-----------i will stick to my clubman special reserve, No 9 bay rum, lilac vegetal etc.

Ogallala does smell like bay rum, and it certainly smells more like BR than Special Reserve or Lilac Vegetal.

Ogallala does smell like bay rum, and it certainly smells more like BR than Special Reserve or Lilac Vegetal.

I don't think he was comparing the Veg and SR to Ogallala, just stating a preference. Still....

I think Friday I'll try an Ogallala/Veg/SR/PVIBR mashup, just because of this thread.

Wearing Special Reserve right now.

It and the Captain's Bay Rum are my two normal go-to AS's.
Clubman and Pinaud VIBR are my normal 3rd and 4th... but every now and then I'll do a full week of Floid Blue.

Sorry, brother cavefish, but I agree that it would be bad form to ask for a refund on a sampler. The folks at Ogallala are as nice and customer-service oriented as any you'll find among B&Bs exceptional lineup of vendors, but I can't see them giving the money back. They lived up to their end of the deal, and yes, their stuff does smell like bay rum. You could do like so many of us here and simply put the stuff aside for listing on BST when your time comes. If you catch the ADs, you'll have plenty of items at the back of your rotation soon enough.

Sorry, brother cavefish, but I agree that it would be bad form to ask for a refund on a sampler. The folks at Ogallala are as nice and customer-service oriented as any you'll find among B&Bs exceptional lineup of vendors, but I can't see them giving the money back. They lived up to their end of the deal, and yes, their stuff does smell like bay rum. You could do like so many of us here and simply put the stuff aside for listing on BST when your time comes. If you catch the ADs, you'll have plenty of items at the back of your rotation soon enough.
i did not get it from Ogallala, i got it from another barber supply , and they said they WILL give back the refund, i was not rude about it at all, and they were perfectly willing to work with me, it appears all is turning out well

Wearing Special Reserve right now.

It and the Captain's Bay Rum are my two normal go-to AS's.
Clubman and Pinaud VIBR are my normal 3rd and 4th... but every now and then I'll do a full week of Floid Blue.
Captains seem to have a good REP, as it stands now i am only working with 3rds and 4ths LOL

There is no way you'll get your money back from a SAMPLER.
I can understand some people would hate a certain product. But that is what samplers are for.
It didn't cost you money, it saved you from losing more.
well it seems they are willing to do it , but yes, you are right in Saving more, i am really not picky or demanding on my after shave, but this really was not for me in any way

Top Bottom