What's new

largest boar brush i have ever had..

i got this new boar brush last week and its the biggest boar brush i have ever owned. it has tall bristle and a nice wooden handle
havent put it to use yet
comparing it with omega boar pro brush in the pic

Attachments

• $2012-01-28 17.30.50.jpg
    $2012-01-28 17.30.50.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 484
  • $2012-01-28 17.31.09.jpg
    $2012-01-28 17.31.09.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 467
Are you sure this is a boar brush?? I have the same looking one, and it's a wild stallion. I was planning to paint the walls of my kitchen with it.

That's definitely a big one. I can't help but notice the L under the Shaving Factory logo and wonder...do they make an XL?

This brush is a large brush, and yes, Shaving Factory does make an XL (it is about 1/2" taller). It was made for those of us in the barber industry. Turkish barbers like to use big brushes like this one on their customers. This brush takes a lot of soap/cream, and many times the lather gets lost inside of it. It does do a good job of applying lather, even being so large. I use mine on occassion at home, and it has nice, soft tips, and isn't floppy at all (the bristles are nice and springy). One of its negative aspects, is that the bristles splay out way too wide, getting lather everywhere... but it does cover your face in lather very quickly.

I've bought mine from bestshave. It takes only a couple of swings to paint your face with lather from one ear to the other with it. If you make a third swing, you'll get lather in your nostrils. :lol: It's definitely made to supply lather for a whole platoon at once. Also it makes lather in seconds. Hair is good IMO, it feels great on the face and is not moppy, just splays a LOT. In the end, there's a lot of horse in it.

i used it today..
seriously this brush is really nice..
it puts my expensive silvertip Roney and kent to shame !!!

This brush is a large brush, and yes, Shaving Factory does make an XL (it is about 1/2" taller). It was made for those of us in the barber industry. Turkish barbers like to use big brushes like this one on their customers. This brush takes a lot of soap/cream, and many times the lather gets lost inside of it. It does do a good job of applying lather, even being so large. I use mine on occassion at home, and it has nice, soft tips, and isn't floppy at all (the bristles are nice and springy). One of its negative aspects, is that the bristles splay out way too wide, getting lather everywhere... but it does cover your face in lather very quickly.

I am looking for a big boar brush and I bowl lather, would you recommend medium or the large?

Mine is a very good quality HORSE brush. I bought it from bestshave when #6 and #7 were out of stock in the end of last year without knowing what I was buying. It makes lather from cream in a bowl in less than 20 seconds but unfortunately it's made for Incredible Hulk's face.

I have one of the shaving factory large brushes that is used for bowl lathering and its great,bought it of the bay for about £8.00 delivered and i have been
useing it for about a year and its not lost a hair. I am not sure if its horse or boar but it sure is a nice brush, and worth the money.

Just my 2p

Top Bottom