What's new

"MacFix Grosvenor" - My first shavemac

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my new shaving brush that will be added to my collection. First and foremost I would like to say after trying FS silvertip, it was great brush for an awesome price. The quality of the hair was pretty decent. Then I had gotten another brush custom made by Rudy Vey which was a 30mm knot with TGN STA. Again great brush but it seemed a bit big for me and sold it off. To keep you updated I did also sell my FS silvertip too. But then I've never tried a shavemac silvertip and after reading the Brush Chronicles over and over again I needed to try it out. So what I did was contact Rudy again b/c I had A Vulfix Grosvenor Mixed knot. The handle was amazing but the knot did not do enough justice. Since I wanted to try a Shavemac D-01 Three Band, why not re-knot the handle? Well, I did and it arrived in my hands yesterday. Really have no words for it b/c I can't believe what I was missing out on and this brush is really luxurious and is the perfect size. There is the Simfix Grosvenor which has a two band simpson knot.

I don't know if anyone else has what I have. But I wanted to introduce to you all the "MacFix Grosvenor" with 22mm Shavemac D-01 Three Band ST knot set @ loft of 48mm (There is difference in the quality of the hair and it does show you get what you pay for). Here are pics for your viewing pleasure. I got Pre/Post bloom shots!

Hope you all have a great day!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful brush. RV does great work and a Shavemac knot is hard to beat. I have the Simfix and agree that the handle is great. Nice job upgrading what you already owned. Regards, Bradley

That's perfect.

I'm always on the verge of buying a 404 but some other brush always comes along.

Thanks Guys! SOS - It is actually a 404 Grosvenor with the Mixed bristle knot I bought initially. But the I switched it out with a shavemac knot. After primarily using Semogue's the Vulfix mixed knot was no comparison and couldn't stand it.

Thanks Guys! SOS - It is actually a 404 Grosvenor with the Mixed bristle knot I bought initially. But the I switched it out with a shavemac knot. After primarily using Semogue's the Vulfix mixed knot was no comparison and couldn't stand it.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear, your custom mix has me thinking if I buy the 404 and don't like it I can do the same. So you pushed me one step toward getting the 404 (and most likely re-knotting it).

I would love to send mine in for a Shavemac 2 band flat top knot....But, the pure boar knot that is in it, ROCKS!! It lathers ANYTHING!

Have a Grosvenor LE with two-band. Lovely handle and wonderful knot! Can't recommend it enough - except they aren't made anymore! The brush above brings it back to a gettable object again.

Wonderful! :w00t: Congratulations!

I have both the Vulfix Grosvenor Mix and the Simfix Grosvenor two-band, and I agree that the handle is one of the best in all of the Shavedom! That knot seems to fit perfectly!

Thank you! This knot is the perfect size. It has the best efficiency when you want to either bowl or face lather with great backbone and softtips. I truly love it!

Top Bottom