What's new

Afta!

At the grocery store last night picking up some cough drops, I drifted past the shaving section and decided to grab a bottle of Afta. Impulse purchase.

So this morning after shaving I threw some on and-- wow-- I love this stuff! Sort of a sporty, cool, masculine scent. Best of all, it's moisturizing. I've been using the Clubman exclusively for a while and while I love the scent it leaves my face drier than the Sahara.

Now at work two hours later, I can still detect the Afta. Not oppressive at all, just sort of a cool sensation.

Happy Friday!

One could do much worse for an off-the-shelf balm that's available just about everywhere in the US for under $3.00 a bottle. It was my exclusive ASB for 30 + years, and I'm none the worse for it (although since I've been on B&B, I've discovered the wonderful world of AS splashes, and have 6 full bottles languishing in the back of my shave drawer somewhere).

I fully agree Afta is good stuff.

Clubman, as I recall, doesn't have any skin moisturizers in it. You could probably make it infinitely better by adding a few drops of glycerin to it.

Most aftershave is water, alcohol, glycerin, and fragrance. Without the glycerin (or propylene glycol) you have something more akin to a weak cologne, than an actual aftershave.

This always makes me almost cry. I love the scent of Afta Original because it smells like Palmolive Shave Sticks and Mennen Regular Deodorant, my regulars. But I hate lotions, I so wish they made a splash in this stuff.

Jay

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This always makes me almost cry. I love the scent of Afta Original because it smells like Palmolive Shave Sticks and Mennen Regular Deodorant, my regulars. But I hate lotions, I so wish they made a splash in this stuff.
Jay

Jay, I was at Walmart just last night with wifey poo, sniffing a stick of Mennen's deodorant and telling her it smelled like Afta. small world indeed. :)

They sell this all over the US? I guess i'll have to pick some up next time I'm on vacation! Any big chains carry this?

This was my staple for a while in my cart days. I may have to re-visit it, since odds are I still have a bottle in a bag of travel stuff.

I started using Afta about a month ago, another impulse purchase from Wal-Mart. I have to say that for what it is and what it does, I like it and will continue to use it. It is moisturizing and I really need that on my skin. It hasn't made me break out or anything yet so I think it's safe to say it's compatible with me.

On the other hand, I tried to switch to Mennen Speed Stick regular deodorant at the same time, from using Old Spice soft solid forever. I broke out in a nasty itchy underarm rash! I'll stick to what works, even though I love the smell of the regular Speed Stick... :sad:

Afta was one of my first after shaves, and I rediscovered it a couple of years ago. It'll always be in my rotation... great stuff at a great price.

Top Bottom