What's new

EShave Avocado & Linden - The Underrated Lather Bomb

Gave this a go for the second time today (face lather with heavy loading as usual) and was really impressed with the lather it made. It was nice and dense, like La Toja or Savon du Midi, but even thicker (more volume) and more emollient. I added just a little more water than I normally do and even ran the brush under the tap but the lather was still very thick. My razor didn't really have a problem cutting through it though and it didn't dry out...it was almost oily if that makes sense? Next time I will try adding a little more water and see how that goes. My shave was not *quite* as close as the other two hard soaps I mentioned but still DFS and my face felt nice post-shave. The scent is a bit odd...floral, but not too sweet with almost a hint of guacamole! Definitely different than TOBS Avocado cream.

Ingredients below:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernel Acid, Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima Oil), Fragrance (Parfum), Cocamide DEA, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Benzyl Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Eugenol, Amyl Cinnamyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Isoeugenol

The amount of Avocado Oil is quite small...something like 2% according to another website, so that leads me to believe the soap base is doing most of the work. It seems to have a good amount of Stearate, and we all know soaps with a good amount of Stearate or Stearic Acid usually work well.

Has anyone else had good results with Eshave, particularly the Lavender and Mandarin varieties? I really don't need more soap or cream but I'm wondering if I should go back and pick those up...

Never tried these soaps. Looking at the ingredients list, my only concern would be that since potassium and sodium palmate are the first two ingredients, I would expect the soap to be somewhat drying.

My shave was not *quite* as close as the other two hard soaps I mentioned but still DFS and my face felt nice post-shave.

This was my main reason for selling off my eShave pucks. I had the mandarin and loved the way it lathered up and it was super protective against the blade but I couldn't achieve a long lasting BBS, the best I could manage was a DFS.

I've got the e-shave verbena-lime and it performs very well too ... plus it is one of my favorites scents of all of the creams and soaps I've tried.

Top Bottom