What's new

Soap Stick + Brush Scuttle + Face Lather = Awesome

Outstanding shaves the last two days with Irisch Moos and my Georgetown Pottery brush scuttle. The bad thing about scuttles is that you can only get them so hot before the lather breaks down. But by applying the soap first from a stick, and then taking a hot brush out of the scuttle and lathing right on the face...nirvana. Irisch Moos is not only has a great scent, but it's soft, so it's easy to get lots of soap on.

Big brushes get really toasty, not just lukewarm, in the scuttle, and retain the heat. You can't get it this hot if you're mixing lather in a bowl, or the lather dissipates. Since I used a soap stick, I didn't lose any heat while swirling on the puck. It was SO GOOD.

$moosmf (1).jpg

Right after working the soap on my face, still warm while I take this shot. My favorite kind of lather: dense, wet, shiney, yogurty.

$moosmf (2).jpg

Don't tell me cold water is better--my whiskers melted off after a round with the hot brush. :thumbup:

I've yet to try a shave stick. You are right about lather breaking down in a scuttle that's too hot. That's happened to me the few times I've tried to use one so I stopped.

Top Bottom