What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, incense!
proxy.php

I was on vacation in the woods for a week and a half, so I haven't worn any frags lately. Back at work today, and since it's still 90 degrees and humid here, I went with the old standby for hot days, Wild Fern

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: marine, woody, leather, animalic, smokey
Notes: sea water, salt, seaweed

This is actually one of the better niche aquatics which I like much better than the designer aquatics. I had done a test strip of Mr. Hulot's Holiday several months ago and gave it a neutral rating, but I am really liking it on my skin today. Similar vibe as HEELEY Sel Marin, Profumum Acqua di Sale and Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima with the noticable addition of a leather note. I think I prefer the vetiver note in Sel Marin over the leather note in Mr. Hulot's Holiday, but I prefer this leather note over the florals of Acqua di Sale and Acquuiilssssima. Mr. Hulot's Holiday is a linear frag of sea water, woods and leather with decent projection for an aquatic. The frag projects for a good 6-8 hours before settling into a skin scent for another 4-6 hours and would make a wonderful office frag for the summer months.

Summer Ending Niche Week
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (2009) - Monday
CB I Hate Perfume Mr. Hulot’s Holiday (2005) - Tuesday
Diptyque Philosykos (1996) - Wednesday
L'Artisan Fleur de Liane (2008) - Thursday
Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill (2008) - Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom