What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on this one?

This morning I used up a sample of Bond No. 9 Eau de New York. Very boring but for some reason it gets a lot of love on BN. This evening it's Idole EdT by Lubin.

David,

I enjoyed it. It is a very spicy wood with just a touch of leather in the base. Like all Amouage scents it seems to hang on well, but it doesn't seem to be a sillage monster. I still think nothing in their line touches Tribute and Jubilation XXV, but this one is definitely worth a sample or small decant!

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Hermes Terre d'Hermes (2006)
Accords: citrus, woody, fresh spicy, earthy, green
Top: orange, grapefruit
Middle: pepper, pelargonium
Base: vetiver, cedar, patchouli, benzoin

Yardley Citrus & Wood (2011)
Accords: woody, citrus, leather, earthy, fresh spicy, smoky
Top: Lime, Bergamot, Elemi
Middle: Birch, Pepper, Oak Moss
Base: Vetiver, Virginia Cedar, Amber, Sandalwood

Yardley C&W opens with lemony elemi and lime as opposed to the sweeter orange and grapefruit opening of Td'H. The woods are also more pronounced in C&W at the opening, but after half an hour there is an uncanny similarity between the two fragrances. In the drydown, florals and sweet benzoin in Td'H make it a more feminine frag. I also get more pepper from C&W than I do from Td'H. I am only getting about 3 hours of projection from both frags and a couple more as a skin scent. I'm liking the dryer and spicier Yardley Citrus & Woods over the sweeter Terre d'Hermes.

Terre d'Hermes Comparison Week
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Hermes Terre d'Hermes Parfum - Monday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Yardley London Citrus & Wood - Tuesday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Montale Red Vetyver - Wednesday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Borsari Acqua Classica - Thursday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. D R Harris Windsor - Friday

Last edited:
Pens BB. I guess I am lacking imagination as this is the third day in a row!

This may still be my favorite scent of all time. Among other things, I think its versitility and elegant simplicity edge out other all time favorites such as Havana. I am not sure why it is not among my got to scents, when I do not have a strong preference as to what to wear, such as Guerlain Vetiver and Xpec.

Prada Amber pour Homme

First time wearing this and like everyone says, it smells like a high end soap. I can see this being good for times when I 'shouldn't' wear fragrance - can't imagine anyone complaining because I smell like I just came out of the shower.

Pens BB. I guess I am lacking imagination as this is the third day in a row!

This may still be my favorite scent of all time. Among other things, I think its versitility and elegant simplicity edge out other all time favorites such as Havana. I am not sure why it is not among my got to scents, when I do not have a strong preference as to what to wear, such as Guerlain Vetiver and Xpec.

Some frags I really enjoy but have to be "in the mood" for. Others are no-brainers and I reach for without having to think about where I'll be, who I will be with, or what I'll be doing. Guess that would be a "go to" scent.

Bleu de Chanel.
I loved this at first and now it's completely boring me.
This better turn around or it's out the door for ol' Bleu.

Roadster by Cartier from samples- I did not pick up the minty/vanilla accord I'd seen in reviews and instead got mildly sweet and woody aroma with a little citrus at the top. I will try it again in cooler weather I think today was a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom