What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Okay, I mentioned this morning I've been traveling, and this evening I finally managed to go back and see what you guys have been wearing the past week, and I must say, you guys are amazing with your widely diverse daily fragrance choices. There were at least 30 or 40 frags I would like to have either commented on or asked questions about, but that's too much to try to catch up with here.

Søren's musical SOTD picture above illustrates quite well for me the amazing variety of scents represented in this forum - with music ranging from the great classical music of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and Puccini's Tosca to the more modern classics of Ella Fitzgerald, the modern jazz saxophone of Candy Dulfer, modern country of artist Faith Hill, R&B of Toni Braxon, and one of my favorite "bad girls" of pop, Pink. And of course, that one CD from a group that I've never heard of, just like those frags I read about in here for the first time!

Thanks to you guys, this has got to be one of the greatest frag threads, ever! :thumbup1:

proxy.php
proxy.php

Hermes Terre d'Hermes (2006)
Accords: citrus, woody, fresh spicy, earthy, green
Top: orange, grapefruit
Middle: pepper, pelargonium
Base: vetiver, cedar, patchouli, benzoin

Montale Red Vetyver (2009)
Accords: woody, fresh spicy, earthy, citrus, green
Notes: pepper, vetiver, grapefruit, cedar, patchouli, peru balsam

I am not getting any similarity between these two frags at all and even though they both contain patchouli, I am getting an overload of patchouli from Red Vetyver today. I see why Amanda says Red Vetyver smells like urine. When I have worn Red Vetyver in the past my major complaint was how quickly it turned powdery, but after today I find no redeeming value in this frag. Despite my recent falling out with Terre d'Hermes, I must say that it still wins hands down when put up against Red Vetyver.

Terre d'Hermes Comparison Week
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Hermes Terre d'Hermes Parfum - Monday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Yardley London Citrus & Wood - Tuesday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Montale Red Vetyver - Wednesday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. Borsari Acqua Classica - Thursday
Hermes Terre d'Hermes v.s. D R Harris Windsor - Friday

Last edited:
Prada Amber pour Homme

First time wearing this and like everyone says, it smells like a high end soap. I can see this being good for times when I 'shouldn't' wear fragrance - can't imagine anyone complaining because I smell like I just came out of the shower.

I find this one perfect for the spring time.
It works very well with that fresh spring air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom