What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
when rose is done right, it's one of the best scents ever.
when rose isnt done right, it smells awful, like a cheap old woman.

I'm beginning to think that most of the time, "rose done wrong" isn't actually rose, it's carnation or some other flower. Certainly the TOBS Rose cream sample I had smelled nothing like the rose note in Windsor.

Evan, don't you think a woman could wear this one? I think a woman could also wear khashab where I get a bit of an incense vibe with the frankincense.

I have a good female friend who I think owns the largest cache of ouds & EOs in the northern hemisphere. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

As you might imagine, she loves the smell of both sandalwood & oud, particularly the stinky Indian ouds. She wears them herself. She's told me that Indian cabbies will tell her how good she smells. I asked her what the other cabbies say. "Nothing," she said. "They just roll down the windows." :w00t:

So in answer to your question, of course a woman could wear J2B or Khashab. The question is more would she feel comfortable wearing either of those scents. I love the way Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle smells. Love it! But even though I can wear straight rose oil, I could never rock PoaL myself. I'd be much too self-conscious; I'd think I smelled like a girl.

Obviously, the answer to your question ultimately lies w/whoever the woman in question is. If she feels comfortable wearing a strong, woody frag, then by all means the answer would be yes.

MFK APOM. I like this but I put on too much. Two sprays and I didn't smell anything. Added a third and the stuff just builds up a head of steam doesn't it?? Wow, eight hours later and it's still there in force!

Christopher Sheldrake´s

GRIS CLAIR

proxy.php

Parfums SERGE LUTENS

proxy.php
proxy.php

Main Accords: Earthy, Green, Woody

Opening is extremely harsh and if you can make it past the first half hour without scrubbing it off, the drydown is a bit more tolerable. The synthetic citrus and spices on opening are awful and remind me of toilet bowl cleaner. In the drydown I get sweet lemon drops and vetiver.

Another Vetiver Veek

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom