What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claude LeCoq
by Imaginary Authors

Vetiver, Oakmoss, Linden Blossom, Laurel & Ivy leaves, & Smoking Beachwood

Like Valero, the notes in this are nothing like what I perceived. I picked up a green citrus and orange blossom with some musk but to my surprise there's vetiver and oakmoss, too. I would have really like to have smelled them especially given that LeCoq lasted only two hours on me and at some point in there drifted some woody notes but they were fleeting, too. I'm assuming the linden blossom is the orange blossom I picked up and that the laurel and ivy added the green notes? Even after a shower I can still pick up the base notes if I put my nose in it - still smells like musk, or maybe amber? This is a very nice fragrance, just wish it lasted longer and had more depth.

proxy.php

Claude LeCoq
by Imaginary Authors

Vetiver, Oakmoss, Linden Blossom, Laurel & Ivy leaves, & Smoking Beachwood

Like Valero, the notes in this are nothing like what I perceived. I picked up a green citrus and orange blossom with some musk but to my surprise there's vetiver and oakmoss, too. I would have really like to have smelled them especially given that LeCoq lasted only two hours on me and at some point in there drifted some woody notes but they were fleeting, too. I'm assuming the linden blossom is the orange blossom I picked up and that the laurel and ivy added the green notes? Even after a shower I can still pick up the base notes if I put my nose in it - still smells like musk, or maybe amber? This is a very nice fragrance, just wish it lasted longer and had more depth.

proxy.php

Chris, you've got an amazing nose!

What a great picture!

proxy.php

Main Accords: Earthy, Woody, Citrus, Green, Warm Spicy

Top: Citruses
Middle: Spices
Base: Vetiver, Woodsy

"My signature scent" if there is such a thing. Grey Vetiver may not have the earthiness of some of the other vetivers, but the vetiver is very pronounced throughout it's longevity. It was that spiciness of Grey Vetiver which first piqued my interest in vetivers. In addition to it's spiciness, Grey Vetiver does not turn into the powdery nightmare like many of the popular vetivers on the market, the vetiver is pronounced and from start to finish it remains an appealing frag.

Another Vetiver Veek

Here is one that I just used and really like. Took me a while to get a round tuit. Started looking for tracks on the web and it looks like I was just ignorant - others seem to like it, too. The citrus doesn't have a heavy candy smell. It lasts only a few hours though. It is an EDC but I likes.

$pinaudcitrusmusk.jpg

Kinski

cassis, juniper berry, pink pepper, castoreum, marijuana accord, nutmeg, plum, orchid, magnolia, orange flower, rose, benzoin, vetiver, cedar, patchouli, cistus, costus, musk, moss, and ambergris

That's quite a notes list, I gotta say, and I must admit that most of these notes I cannot pick out. But I can compare them to other fragrances that I've tried given that this reminds me of three specific perfumes combined. First of all, this comes out immediately reminding me of something by Le Labo with a cedar and ambrox combination and even has that smoky note reminiscent of Vetiver 46. But it also has a funky floral component that reminds me a lot of XPEC. Those two combined smell like this could be a new floral offering from Le Labo, actually. But there's also this funky/juicy accord in there that immediately evokes Coze by Parfumerie Generale. Not surprisingly, this has a "marijuana accord," which doesn't necessarily smell like pot per se but does bring to mind some elements of buds and bongs. When I put my nose in it, I get a slightly dirty, funky body odor type musk smell, nothing repulsive, but something very attractive, actually. Sillage is moderate, longevity is good, this is a great scent for daily wear when you don't want to smell run of the mill but at the same time don't want to cause a commotion.​

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom