What's new

Storage wars.... soap edition

I love a nice wooden bowl as much as the next guy,, but with my growing collection and refills on hand ( cheaper) I found these perfectly sized pieces some time ago at the local TJ Maxx made by Anchor Hocking. As you can see a puck fits perfectly in them ( they're 3 1/2" X 1 1/2" ) . Then I just cut out the label and double side tape them to the lid. Or you could always just use a Sharpie to label the bowl lacking a label from a puck or stick you grate into the bowl. Plus they stack just great on a shelf. I use the soap, let it dry, lid it and place it on the bottom of the stack to complete my rotations. At $7.99 for a stack of 4 it's not too bad.
My wife actually listened to me about needing to get more,, and she picked up 8 more for me. Sweet!

Attachments

• $IMG_9995.JPG
    $IMG_9995.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,884
  • $IMG_9997.JPG
    $IMG_9997.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,863
  • $IMG_9999.JPG
    $IMG_9999.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 1,864
Last edited:
Wow, those actually look nice and legit with the labels. I'll keep this in mind if my collection ever gets out of control

Very cool. When I start buying pucks again, this is the route I'll go. Wooden bowls are nice, but for the price, I'd really rather just have a second puck of a different scent.

Yeah, these glass containers sure beat the other "solutions' I've used. Neat, clean,, and yes,, doesn't look half bad. Besides I could never stack all the other containers and they took up so much shelf space.

*Snip*

My wife actually listened to me about needing to get more,, and she picked up 8 more for me. Sweet!

Do you have soaps for them, yet? If not, buy a couple dozen more bowls, then tell your wife you need more soaps so the bowls won't go to waste.

Do you have soaps for them, yet? If not, buy a couple dozen more bowls, then tell your wife you need more soaps so the bowls won't go to waste.

Yes I do. With what I have in the Den, and what I got for Christmas... I'll actually need more. Besides what is already in their own bowls. Will the agony ever end? Maybe I should just stop buying soaps,,,, HAAAA ! I crack myself up.

If you use a "P touch" to label the side of the jars you can id them easily when stacked on a shelf.

Well done on your collection!

Those look classy, and great. I am a firm believer, that the wooden bowls are basically useless, and way too costly. I too would rather have two pucks, rather than a puck with a (useless) fancy bowl.

The containers do look great. The only downside is that if you like to palm your bowl as I do while loading you will find those Pyrex bowls to be very slippery. A Ziploc container or PET jar is a little more practical with less to worry about if you happen to drop it.

I love a nice wooden bowl as much as the next guy,, but with my growing collection and refills on hand ( cheaper) I found these perfectly sized pieces some time ago at the local TJ Maxx made by Anchor Hocking. As you can see a puck fits perfectly in them ( they're 3 1/2" X 1 1/2" ) . Then I just cut out the label and double side tape them to the lid. Or you could always just use a Sharpie to label the bowl lacking a label from a puck or stick you grate into the bowl. Plus they stack just great on a shelf. I use the soap, let it dry, lid it and place it on the bottom of the stack to complete my rotations. At $7.99 for a stack of 4 it's not too bad.

I picked up a 4 pack of the Pyrex version from Walmart a week ago in anticipation of a few soap pucks on their way, and they work really well. Everything from the price point, stack-ability, size, seems to be just right for a soap bowl.

If you use a "P touch" to label the side of the jars you can id them easily when stacked on a shelf.

Well done on your collection!

Jim, this is exactly what I do and it works great!

The label on the side is a great idea. The way mine are stacked though I like the element of surprise. " Oh,, it's your turn at bat,,almost forgot you were in here...lets see,, I'll use my ______ brush, and the _________ razor,, with___________ AS, and this _________ balm will work great with you,,,"
But I am moving them to another shelf and the label on the side will go a long way finding an old friend quickly.

These are the bowls I use, too, and the top labels are the perfect route for my particular strain of OCD. Nevertheless, the side label may be more practical. However, I have various lid colors (red, white, blue), and the combination of a particular soap color and lid color is enough for me to know each one by sight (white puck, blue lid is Harris Almond, for instance).

Very nice bowls. I get the 4-pack at Big Lots occasionally for $6. Impossible to pass up at that price.

"Very nice bowls. I get the 4-pack at Big Lots occasionally for $6. Impossible to pass up at that price.[/QUOTE]"

Geez,, I have to get to Big Lots. The difference from what I paid is another Arko stick!

Top Bottom