What's new

Dripstand for Chubby2

Just received a new Chubby 2 in Super. Great brush thanks for the reviews.
Anyone recommend a suitable dripstand available here in the UK ???

I wouldn't bother. Save your money for something else shave related. I think it's been pretty well accepted that hanging a wet brush does nothing unless you just want one anyway. Just gently squeeze and shake the brush after rinsing and leave to dry upright on its base. I believe that has been the Simpson way, always.

I have a rather large/oversize silvertip and when I put it in a stand it gets "smushed" on the back where it is larger than the stand.

Now I just stand it on its end and it seems a lot happier (does not get deformed any more)

While not really needed, I've found that a drip stand makes it nice for keeping my brushes, all 5 of them, neat and they make my shave area look better. I also feel that using a stand makes sure that any water or moisture does not get back into the handle.

Just curious about bloom. I see pictures of brushes with huge "bloom" None of my brushes (Simpsons Best, Thater 3-band, and New Forest 2-band) have anywhere near as much. I always leave them in a stand with bristles facing down to dry. I was wondering, is there is any chance that standing them on end, especially when wet, causes the bristles to "bloom" more - from the weight of the wet bristles pointing up instead of down? Anyone know if this has been discussed before?

Just received a new Chubby 2 in Super. Great brush thanks for the reviews.
Anyone recommend a suitable dripstand available here in the UK ???

I have two Chubby 2's and I use a brush stand made by Kent. Its their Large size stand which is plenty big for the Chubby 2 knot size. Since they are British,I'm sure you can find that specific Kent stand in the UK

Craig

Legion

Staff member
I don't know about the bloom effect, but I do know capillary action is stronger than gravity. Your brush will dry if it is standing up in a well ventilated area.

+1
I have a ch2 LE and it gets shaken out and put on a shelf in a well ventilated area.. no problems ever
I don't know about the bloom effect, but I do know capillary action is stronger than gravity. Your brush will dry if it is standing up in a well ventilated area.

I use my FS brush stand with my Duke 2 and have no problems. Check E-bay as he does them seperate from the brushes.

Never understood the drip stand. I guess if you don't dry your brush and put it away dripping wet it would make sense.

Top Bottom