What's new

Will my new brush soften with break-in?

Just got a new Tweezerman because I was looking for my first badger brush and $10 is hard to beat. I was using a Burma boar brush for quite a while, and the new Tweezerman feels very prickly in comparison. I've only used it twice, so I'm curious if it will begin to soften or is the prickliness one of the characteristics people like about the Tweezerman?

Thanks!

Just got a new Tweezerman because I was looking for my first badger brush and $10 is hard to beat. I was using a Burma boar brush for quite a while, and the new Tweezerman feels very prickly in comparison. I've only used it twice, so I'm curious if it will begin to soften or is the prickliness one of the characteristics people like about the Tweezerman?

Thanks!

Yes, it will soften a bit. Yes, the prickliness is one of the defining characteristics of the Tweezerman. Hope this helps.

J

Run it through an "Em's Style" cleaning... i.e. dish detergent scrub with good soak, followed by a hair conditioner scrub, followed by a quick soak in vinegar/glycerin/water...

That will make a HUGE difference in how soft the brush is...

Yes, it will soften a bit. Yes, the prickliness is one of the defining characteristics of the Tweezerman. Hope this helps.

J

+1

As an aside, I think that's one of the Tweezerman bennies. For the price of a bad fast food meal, you get a pretty decent brush that also gets you started knowing what you like and what you don't.

Top Bottom