What's new

Which Semogue

Gents--Which Semogue do you suggest for bowl lathering.I was thinking either the soc
or 830 or another--- which is better-I usally bowl lather in my scuttle--Thanks

The 1305 is a great all-arounder. The tips are so soft but with some backbone.I just bought 3 for my kids.

I only have the 830 so keep that in mind...

I think the SOC is probably better suited to bowl lathering by virtue of its greater handle length and slight loft advantage. That said, I have no trouble using the 830 to bowl lather, I have large hands and can easily grip the small handle by the base of the knot or by holding the handle by the base of the knot. This gets the base of the handle up in my palm which I prefer. Depending on the size of your scuttle you might find you bang your fingers on the sides a lot while lathering. I do find it a little awkward to bowl lather holding the 830 brush by the sides of the handle. I don't get any support from my palm as the handle is too short to rest there held this way. Basically I think it comes down to an ergonomics thing rather than a performance thing. They will both generate plenty of good lather in a bowl.

Hopefully that is of some help :)

I only have the 830 so keep that in mind...

I think the SOC is probably better suited to bowl lathering by virtue of its greater handle length and slight loft advantage. That said, I have no trouble using the 830 to bowl lather, I have large hands and can easily grip the small handle by the base of the knot or by holding the handle by the base of the knot. This gets the base of the handle up in my palm which I prefer. Depending on the size of your scuttle you might find you bang your fingers on the sides a lot while lathering. I do find it a little awkward to bowl lather holding the 830 brush by the sides of the handle. I don't get any support from my palm as the handle is too short to rest there held this way. Basically I think it comes down to an ergonomics thing rather than a performance thing. They will both generate plenty of good lather in a bowl.

Hopefully that is of some help :)

Thanks -I am leaning toward the soc

For bowl lathering, the best Semogue boar is the 2000. Other Semogues will also work for bowl or face lathering, but having about a dozen Semogues, I've found the 2000 to be my favorite bowl latherer. A big, beautiful boar that works best in a bowl. (How's that for a little alliteration?)

I have an SOC and 1305 and just got the 830. I honestly love the 830, it has amazing backbone for face lathering. Today I bowl lathered with no problems today! Considering that it is not fully broken in, I can see myself grabbing this SB more!

Oh well--I just ordered the le brush in size 2--I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted so I went with the most expensive
SWMBO is not happy(but I am)

The 1305's a great brush, but for bowl lathering, I'd have gone with the 2000 and then the SOC for non-LE brushes. That LE looks awesome though. You shouldn't make decisions based on going with the most expensive (with shaving stuff, it rarely works out), but the size 2 is definitely the one for bowl lathering.

The LE is gonna be a pretty dense brush. I would feed it a little extra cream especially while breaking it in.

Nice One Balj. The 830 just feels so nice for face lathering. Bowl lathering seems like a waste to not get to rub the brush on the face as much!

Nice One Balj. The 830 just feels so nice for face lathering. Bowl lathering seems like a waste to not get to rub the brush on the face as much!

It is amazing for face lathering and enjoying it very much. Also If I bowl lather, its usually with creams but the 830 is really a face lathering brush and I can tell my face is exfoliating.

have the 830 and 610 and enjoy them both. i grab the 830 whenever it's dry. i can do a nice job on the face lathering with it

Top Bottom