What's new

What's your favorite 444 mix?

has anyone tried the 444 alum block?

Yes, and the 444 styptic pencil (more times than I would like to admit). Haven't tried any other brands though... so afraid I can't be of much help in that way, they are amazing products, some of the oldest still manufactured in Portugal, and nothing could last that long without quality!

I received my 444 from The Portugal Online shop this week and so far I have used it with Aramis and Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave. It really does a nice job of soothing my face. I use a dime size and nickle size depending on my skin. If you do order from Portugal Online Shop take a look at the Lavanda Shave Cream as it has gotten a lot of good reviews on a few other sites recently. I wish I would have ordered a tube to try, but probably will next time.

Last edited:
I like it with just about anything but if pressed for a favorite Captain's Choice with 444.Florida Water Peruvian version would be my second choice.

444 + Alt Innsbruck. It's a summertime thing though, along with Vostock, Vito's preshave and Osage rub. At this time of year, all that stuff is in the back of the cupboard.

Great thread!

I find the lack of glycerin in the Spanish Floid and Alt-Innsbruck make them the perfect companion to the great 444 balm.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Great thread!

I find the lack of glycerin in the Spanish Floid and Alt-Innsbruck make them the perfect companion to the great 444 balm.

The Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave makes a terrific combo with 444 for me, too.

This is what I use every day:
444 mixed with Mentos conditioner and the AS or cologne of my choice.

Today it was YATAGAN.

Top Bottom