What's new

What’s your favorite menthol soap?

But it feels so good to me.

First time for me was kind of like biting into a chile pod that quickly gets too hot . . . and it keeps intensifying . . . and you don't know how extreme it's going to go. Those are just sensations, though. The more concerning part was then trying to push a straight razor around a face I could no longer feel.

My dentist office shares a lot with an Italian restaurant. One time I walked into the latter before the anesthetic injections given at the former had worn off. The beer mug made it to my dead, fat lip, but an embarrassing amount of that brew wound up on my shirt and in my lap. Not being able to feel really messed up the function.

Chiseled face Cryogen comes close with the chill factor, but Barrister & Mann arctique wins for having one of the best tallow formula soaps. Cryogen is still really good though I would say B&M is S tier and cryogen A or B tier. On the weaker side with synthetic menthol Murphy & McNeil Kodiak frost. I have nantahala and bdlm 3, only their trinity(aventus) is left. The menthol feels present, but not strong to me like real menthol and lasts for a while after the shave.

It’s still nice and warm here in Kentucky and after a nice shave with Proraso yesterday I thought I would ask you guys what is your favorite super cold soaps, I did a forum search and couldn’t find anything recent so why not bring it up again and see what you guys like

Let’s leave adding menthol crystals out and go with soaps with menthol in them already
Cryogen by Chiseled Face

One other cream that I recently tried is the Noxema pre-shave/ post-shave cream. It is an inexpensive product that I added to an order from Connaught. I don't typically use pre-shave products, but this is a wonderful way of adding a nice amount of menthol to your shave. It hydrates the beard and tightens up the skin a bit. I would say that it is softer and more moisturizing than the Proraso Green pre-shave cream, has a bit less menthol, and is a significantly better value.

Love a menthol soap or cream. I’ve tried Stirling’s Glacial Spearmint in the last week, having been very impressed with their Lemon Chill and Orange Chill.
Glacial Spearmint is little short of superb and has jumped straight above my previous favourite mint shaving cream as far as mint scented shaving products go.
Where has this soap been all of my life? 🤣 The spearmint scent and the menthol blend very well.

Fine Snakebite is a definite joint favourite for menthol soap.
Proraso Green - milder on the menthol compared to the aforementioned but it’s a classic.

Honorary mentions must go to:

LEA Mentolada. Massive tube of cream and it is very affordable. Was glad to see it mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ingrams. The first menthol cream I ever tried. I’ve read recent reviews suggesting latest batches don’t lather well, which was disappointing to read.

Palmolive Rinfrescante al Mentolo cream. This one has a slightly medicinal smell to my nose but it’s a great variation on the Palmolive cream.

Ok been really hot out latley and I was wrong the best menthol soap is a frankensoap of cryogen and arctique. Arctique can be kinda thin and doesn't lather as well as cryogen. Cryogen seems less slick, but lathers like a champ a nice creamy lather. Combining both is a winner 🥶

Citron.jpg

Love a menthol soap or cream. I’ve tried Stirling’s Glacial Spearmint in the last week, having been very impressed with their Lemon Chill and Orange Chill.
Glacial Spearmint is little short of superb and has jumped straight above my previous favourite mint shaving cream as far as mint scented shaving products go.
Where has this soap been all of my life? 🤣 The spearmint scent and the menthol blend very well.

Fine Snakebite is a definite joint favourite for menthol soap.
Proraso Green - milder on the menthol compared to the aforementioned but it’s a classic.

Honorary mentions must go to:

LEA Mentolada. Massive tube of cream and it is very affordable. Was glad to see it mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ingrams. The first menthol cream I ever tried. I’ve read recent reviews suggesting latest batches don’t lather well, which was disappointing to read.

Palmolive Rinfrescante al Mentolo cream. This one has a slightly medicinal smell to my nose but it’s a great variation on the Palmolive cream.
Ditto Glacial Spearmint By Stirling! Smells like inhaling a fresh sprig of mint from the top of a glacier pure glacier! Followed by Stirling Executive Man Glacial AS, topped a few moments later with with Nivea balm, my absolute favorite hot summer day shave. My face feels cool about 45 minutes, and super fresh for hours.

I am really enjoying the Lea Mentolada Cream. It doesn't have an overpowering scent and can be used as a pre-shave to add a menthol blast to any soap. When used as a stand alone, it is pretty good. Its versatility and value are what set it apart. Proraso Green is also quite enjoyable.
Hi Keyvan and @dan86 , Seconding you motions on the LEA Mentolada Cream. Works well alone and, like you, it's great when applied prior to my soaps to add some menthol chill to a shave.

Top Bottom