What's new

Aftershave Fail

Ordered and received some Speick aftershave splash. I enjoy the shave stick quite a lot, so I was looking forward to trying the AS.

Hoo boy, did my body chemistry not interact well with this product. I thought it smelled pretty good in the bottle - not entirely unlike the stick, just a bit different. On my skin? It acquired an almost metallic tinge, and eminated a powdery-ness that I found very unpleasant. And it lingered. Bummer, as I was looking forward to trying this stuff.

Object example of YMMV, I suppose. What AS have you tried that was just an instant no-go?

Next on my list is Musgo Real. I am enjoying my Witch Hazel and Superior 70 until then. :thumbup:

Sorry you didn't like the Speick. It is one of my favorite splashes. Make sure you have tried it after shaving, and not to dry skin. The first time I tried Aqua Velva, I hated it, but I had just splashed some on without shaving. Gave it another try with a slightly wet face, and a totally different experience. If you don't want the Speick, you will have no trouble trading, or PIF.

Jeff

Alas, the Speick is already out the door via the BST forum... I really wanted to like it, maybe should have given it a few more chances. It really didn't agree with me, though. Perhaps another time.

Object example of YMMV, I suppose. What AS have you tried that was just an instant no-go?

Clubman Pinaud. Reputation for having a classic scent is well-deserved, however, after two hours on my face it had a pretty sizable headache. Tried again, same result...

What AS have you tried that was just an instant no-go?

Two I've tried as samples, which really didn't suit me...

* TOBS No 74 Traditional: Immediate fresh notes were really refreshing, but I then got something that to me smelled like rancid fat, reminiscent of a waste oil processing plant a few miles way from me. I'm sure it's just me, and it's great on other people, but I had to rush and wash it off.

* Musgo Real: Really like the scent and the immediate feel on my face, but after a couple of minutes it makes me itch badly.

+1 on the Clubman. It made me smell like a cheap hooker! :thumbdown

I enjoy other Pinaud products, but the sweetness of Clubman made me want to puke.

Clubman Pinaud. Reputation for having a classic scent is well-deserved, however, after two hours on my face it had a pretty sizable headache. Tried again, same result...

Top Bottom