What's new

Horse hair replacement

I had just purchased a Vie-Long Horse hair brush to replace my old Ever Ready 150 that was falling apart. Horse hair sounded like it may be an interesting brush and I got maybe 6 shaves with it when it disappeared :confused1. The wife thinks the cat hauled it away because she saw him checking it out. Anyway I can't find it anywhere and he ain't talking so...

Who makes a brush closest to the Ever Ready 150 I had? I'm open for suggestions (other than horse hair)
thanks

Few options:

1) Post a WTB (want to buy) in the WTB forum of this site for an reknotted Ever Ready 150. Thus you would have your old handle, but with a new knot.

2) Watch Ebay for a new in box Ever Ready. They pop up quite frequently, and usually for quite reasonable prices.

3) Note sure if you are looking for a boar brush, or a badger brush, or just a brush that looks like the Ever Ready. If it just needs to look similar, I am quite enjoying this Omega Boar Brush that is available in the Ever Ready colors:

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-10075--five-color-combina10075.html

4) If you still have your original brush, it is quite easy to drill out the old knot, and add a new one. New knots can be had from:

The Golden Nib

Whipped Dog

Last edited:
cat hair if he steals from your den again might be a option

I thought of that while I was searching...

I mainly looking for something similar in size and feel. I did a liltle more searching and found the brush specs so I can do some comparisons.

Michiganlover...thanks for the links. They've helped.

Thurston, that thought also crossed my mind. If I wasn't so afraid of her I'd push the issue

Last edited:
Personally I'd beat the cat until he confessed :a53: :a7: :117:
Just a joke, for those that need this disclaimer

I'd just watch him one day, he may lead you to his new-found treasure.

Personally I'd beat the cat until he confessed :a53: :a7: :117:
Just a joke, for those that need this disclaimer

Too funny..."we have ways of making you talk"

Top Bottom