What's new

What a trip!!

First off, I'd like to recommend to anyone who has the ways and means of taking a vacation to Aruba to do so at your earliest possible convenience. This small island has become a place I'm going to be looking at for retiring to.

Clean, friendly and helpful natives, great food, (and the prices weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, much less than Hawaii). The beaches are kept spotless and the water, though being stirred up by Dean, still had 20-50 visability. Not one complaint which is unusual for me, I've grown a little picky over the years.

My brother and sister-in-law flew a route back with us through Miami to Chicago. The first plane they were on going back to Omaha experience machanical problems pulling away from the gate. They de-planed, got on another plane on the other side of the terminal at O'Hare and their luggage arrived with them in Omaha. My wife and daughters, (they don't let me refer to them as my kids anymore), got all their luggage at O'Hare too!

Guess who spent almost two hours searching and filing claim forms for his? Even a misplaced bag couldn't dampen my spirits though, but, I was bemoaning the lost of my Dobb kit. My Progress and small Moss scuttle/bowl set was packed away too.

That lost bag of mine was delivered to my door about a 1/2 hour ago by an American Airlines employee and set inside for me. I'm speechless! I was anticipating weeks or months of b.s. before the dust cleared. The last time this happened to me, it was Royal Carribean cruise line that took a week to get it back to me via UPS.

Besides the Progress and Moss set up, I had a Slant, a B&B brush and 3 of Mama's smell good juice...(that bay rum and lime was made for the carribean!). So I'm mighty glad that's over and now I can finish cutting what I refer to as my own jungle down a bit. We've had about 14"'s of rain here this month and the weeds I call grass are loving it! Good to be back home!

Top Bottom