What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423605389.273642.jpg

proxy.php

I keep coming back to this 1970's Henckels TWIN - like the Kropp, another one of my favourites but from a different era, it has clean lines, simple design, great balance and beautiful construction.
Perfect!

J.A Heckles Platimum 13/16, Today marked my 100th Straight shave and was very undecided on what to use so I went with my NOS, mint condition Henckels and got a super shave !!!

$IMG_2422.jpg

Is this one of those cheap Sweeney Todd thing from eBay that you managed to hone?
I have one and worked a bit on it, but did not go very far. If you manage to get it to work, I'll give it another try.
Actually, the image looks a lot like the stock one on an ebay item and the description states:
"The Blade is Mirror-polished, thick, and comes Factory sharp. It's made from 440 Stainless Steel. Death and the Japanese symbol for Death is etched on the blade."
So, I am not sure that can be honed up. My experience with 440 steel has not been very good so far. And I believe it was 440c, the best of the lot and this does not even specify it is the c variant of the steel.

OK, I apologize guys.

I saw that that razor on EBay that was so outrageous I had to post it up as a joke.

However, in a Brian Williams like episode, I have fabricated the story that I shaved with that razor. I don't even own it. Nor was my shave den hit by an RPG fired by radical Gillette Mach 3 cartridge fundamentalists while completing my ATG pass, knocking over my bottle of Lilac Vegetal, which I also don't own...

I thought it was a well known fraud of a razor, and as such would be recognized for its outlandish "Sweeney Todd" style and laughed at out of hand.

Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom