What's new

Gillette Brazilian Aristocrat/Mono Tech

Well its Finally here Gillette Made in Brazil Mono Tech or Aristocrat Date code on it is C-3 So that would date it to 1957, I must say it is Nice and Minty Case and blade case are also Excellent, Doesn't look like it was used at all, just put away and forgotten, I'm Curious how Common are these? Do they pop up on the bay often ?

Attachments

• $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono.jpg
    $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 608
  • $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (2).jpg
    $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (2).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 588
  • $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (3).jpg
    $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (3).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 588
  • $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (4).jpg
    $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (4).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 574
  • $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (5).jpg
    $Brazilian Aristocrat Or Mono (5).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 589
You know, you may actually have a 1982 model rather than a 1957, as the handle knurling is different from Mr. Razor's 1954 model (and exactly like my 1970). We also know for certain that there were no platinum blades produced in 1957, so take a look and I bet the date code on them is going to be A, B, or C (1980, 1981, or 1982). Also see if the case does say anything about being made in Brazil on the bottom.

proxy.php

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/205036-Gillette-Monotech?highlight=

That doesn't look like the correct case or blade dispenser (the ad in post #5 of that thread shows the same style of case as the US Super Speeds). Does the case say anything about being made in Brazil on the bottom?

Yes it does say wording like Made in Brazil , Rio DE Janeiro, Love those women over there in Rio :eek:) Here are some pics of the rear of the case, I am Sure these came in more then one kind of case just like the us superspeed's did. The proof is in the pics :001_rolle And also it is in mint condition so i cant imagine this thing floating around with out the case and not having any scratches or pitting or plate loss of any kind , To me it looks like one of those items that were put away and forgotten, Even the plastic on the case has no scratches for a c-3 1957 it must of been put away for a long time to stay in this condition.

Attachments

• $Brazilan Aritorcat or Mono Tech Case Rear.jpg
    $Brazilan Aritorcat or Mono Tech Case Rear.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 468
  • $Brazilan Aritorcat or Mono Tech Case Rear (2).jpg
    $Brazilan Aritorcat or Mono Tech Case Rear (2).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
You know, you may actually have a 1982 model rather than a 1957, as the handle knurling is different from Mr. Razor's 1954 model (and exactly like my 1970). We also know for certain that there were no platinum blades produced in 1957, so take a look and I bet the date code on them is going to be A, B, or C (1980, 1981, or 1982). Also see if the case does say anything about being made in Brazil on the bottom.

proxy.php

Yes your Right, it could be a 1982 or a 1957 because both of those years Gillette used C as a date code. but here is something i got from MR Razors site that Shows a 1956 Mono Tech and Gold Mono Tech known as the Aristocrat of Brazil. Also this style SuperSpeed came out in the 50's and as far as i know the Super Speed of the 80's had black handles on them. but again i could be wrong but i have not seen a 1982 Silver Super Speed.

Attachments

• $Mr Razor pic of 1956 aritocrat and Mono TECH.jpg
    $Mr Razor pic of 1956 aritocrat and Mono TECH.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
OK here is another pic from Mr Razor site. its a T-3 1973 This one looks alot like mine, but my only doubt is that this model was run all they way through 1982 which i find no pictures of, I'm sure the blade case is wrong but the case could be from 1957 if they were made like that. since there is no date code printed on the case its really hard to tell. and like i said earlier, the silver handle super speeds were replaced with the black plastic handle one in the mid 1970's in the USA. Unless there is some kind of proof they made this Mono Tech in 1982 i would assume its a 1957 ill keep searching for more info. if you guys find something let me know.

Attachments

• $MR Razor 1973 Brazil Mono Tech T3.jpg
    $MR Razor 1973 Brazil Mono Tech T3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 479
The proof is in the pics :001_rolle

You know, for someone who is always asking about this razor or that razor and trying to justify paying hundreds for a damaged razor, you can be a bit of a smart *** when people are trying to offer help. Was the picture of the bottom of the case in your original post? Are you aware that that case did not exist in 1957? Are you aware that the black handle Super Speed came out in 1967 in the US, and yet we've seen Monotech razors from the 1970's that have metal handles? Are you aware that platinum blades did not exist in 1957? If you are so sure that it was "hardly used then put away", then that would most likely be the original blade dispenser. Pull a blade out and look at the date code, it should closely match the date code of the razor. There is no way those blades came from the 1950's, so I think it would be a pretty safe bet that the razor was made in 1982.

Last edited:
You know, for someone who is always asking about this razor or that razor and trying to justify paying hundreds for a damaged razor, you can be a bit of a smart *** when people are trying to offer help. Was the picture of the bottom of the case in your original post? Are you aware that that case did not exist in 1957? Are you aware that the black handle Super Speed came out in 1967 in the US, and yet we've seen Monotech razors from the 1970's that have metal handles? Are you aware that platinum blades did not exist in 1957? If you are so sure that it was "hardly used then put away", then that would most likely be the original blade dispenser. Pull a blade out and look at the date code, it should closely match the date code of the razor. There is no way those blades came from the 1950's, so I think it would be a pretty safe bet that the razor was made in 1982.

Ras120 i wasn't being a smart at all, i was just saying what i found, and yes it wasn't in the original post that why i put it up afterwards and them commented on it afterwards. and i always stated i could be wrong, read the post again before you go calling someone names. again and again i kept saying i could be wrong, this isnt a battle over here, its more of trying to get it right, date code, year of production etc. and we are not debating mono tech existed in the 70's it was about the 80's . why do some of you guys take things so personal ? feel free not to answer in any future post if you feel that way. Seems like posts are like the bible we can all read it, but we all interpret it differently , that's why there are so many different religions and opinions.

Last edited:
wow now if you even pic the wrong icon you get hammerd in here. wow. Thanks.

Too late, ervargasny..You have abused the emoticon policy, your going away for a long time.

Attachments

• $jben11l.jpg.jpg
    $jben11l.jpg.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 409
  • $depositphotos_4210260-Policeman-emoticon.jpg
    $depositphotos_4210260-Policeman-emoticon.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Top Bottom