What's new

Anyone NOT Use Aftershave

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here does NOT use aftershave (just rinse with water and towel dry). If so, what soap or cream do you use?

Thanks,
Mike

My dad never used the stuff..realized he had allergies to plants and alcohol...he used to use cheap o blades and Barbasol cream...now he uses Mach3 blades which have vitamin E which is similar and doesnt give him any burn or irritation

I am a shower shaver and when I used carts and first started using DE's I only rinsed my face in the shower and washed it with soap. Now I use something almost every day.

If I'm using a soap/cream with a long-lasting scent (TOBS Jermyn Street in particular) I'll only use witch hazel so it doesn't conflict with it. Otherwise, I always use Proraso AS with Proraso soap and for anything else I'll go through a rotation.

Alkehol should be inside you not outside :lol:

I don't use aftershave, procedure is rinse, dry, wet crystal stick, coffee, aftershave cream......

I use some Proraso for the prep, some cella for the lather and the only thing that can be described as AS for me is just some more proraso pre&post.(Damn I love that stuff!)

I'll often not use any AS products, especially if I'm in a rush - quick one-pass shave, rinse and go. No specific soap.

I'm very sensitive to scents, so I use mostly unscented products, and only witch hazel and unscented ASB. It's too bad, really, since I think the scents of some of the products, and the way they make you smell, are on of the best things about traditional shaving. On the other hand, one less AD for me to worry about. To answer the second question, my favorites right now are MWF, Cella, and Speick stick (I enjoy their mild scents.)

I never used aftershave until shortly after taking up DE shaving. I still don't think it's necessary, especially since I apply a zinc oxide and olive oil sunblock after the shave. I only use it because I enjoy it.

I am a shower shaver and when I used carts and first started using DE's I only rinsed my face in the shower and washed it with soap.

+1. For a good many years this was me with my Atra. After taking up DE shaving though I have started using an AS splash after I get done shaving and out of the shower. It odd though as I do remember using it when I first started shaving in high school, Brut, by the gallon IIRC:lol:, but got out of using it after I got out of school. Now every time I stop to sniff the Brut the wife makes gagging noises, she tells me she is not a fan:biggrin1:.

Jay

I was a cold-water splash and done guy for years, never suffered for it.
I've played around with splashes and balms, but I've settled down on straight WH as my only aftershave product for the last month or so.

Top Bottom